language of identities - Mozilla

This is a discussion on language of identities - Mozilla ; In thunderbird 2.0 when you reply to a message stating the original message, thinderbird adds "message from" in the language of thinderbird itself I use different languages and would like to be able to specify the language of the quoting ...

  1. language of identities

    In thunderbird 2.0 when you reply to a message stating the original
    message, thinderbird adds "message from" in the language of thinderbird
    itself

    I use different languages and would like to be able to specify the
    language of the quoting text or even the quoting text itself. Maybe
    there is a possibility to add this as an information linked to an identity?

    Thanks anyway for the good work

    Bernard

  2. Re: language of identities

    On 10-03-2008 18:11 CET, Bernard Hebbelynck composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > In thunderbird 2.0 when you reply to a message stating the original
    > message, thinderbird adds "message from" in the language of
    > thinderbird itself
    >
    > I use different languages and would like to be able to specify the
    > language of the quoting text or even the quoting text itself. Maybe
    > there is a possibility to add this as an information linked to an
    > identity?
    >
    > Thanks anyway for the good work

    There are some variables for that purpose, amendable via 'Config Editor'
    in the Advanced General preferences (Tools/Options). I've, see my
    example above. I keep forgetting which ones. I think, I have these altered:

    mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote %s composed this enchanting statement
    mailnews.reply_header_ondate On %s CET
    mailnews.reply_header_type 2

    To have that for each of your default identities, meaning your mail &
    news accounts, you could examine the Mnenhy extension on its Folder
    Storage configuration. It is available from http://addons.mozilla.org>. It'll take some reading of the documentation
    provided by the author to understand the possibilities!

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: language of identities

    Bernard Hebbelynck keyboarded, On 3/10/2008 1:11 PM :
    > In thunderbird 2.0 when you reply to a message stating the original
    > message, thinderbird adds "message from" in the language of
    > thinderbird itself
    >
    > I use different languages and would like to be able to specify the
    > language of the quoting text or even the quoting text itself. Maybe
    > there is a possibility to add this as an information linked to an
    > identity?
    >
    > Thanks anyway for the good work
    >
    > Bernard

    Yes You should be able to change the text of the reply header. From the
    Tools menu select Options and from the advan\ved tab use the Config Edit
    button. Filter on this text: mailnews.reply_header_
    You can replace the text strings.
    This item: mailnews.reply_header_locale
    can be set to your language code and will format Date & Time as used for
    Your local.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: language of identities

    Melchert Fruitema keyboarded, On 3/10/2008 2:57 PM :
    > On 10-03-2008 18:11 CET, Bernard Hebbelynck composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    >> In thunderbird 2.0 when you reply to a message stating the original
    >> message, thinderbird adds "message from" in the language of
    >> thinderbird itself
    >>
    >> I use different languages and would like to be able to specify the
    >> language of the quoting text or even the quoting text itself. Maybe
    >> there is a possibility to add this as an information linked to an
    >> identity?
    >>
    >> Thanks anyway for the good work
    >>

    > There are some variables for that purpose, amendable via 'Config
    > Editor' in the Advanced General preferences (Tools/Options). I've, see
    > my example above. I keep forgetting which ones. I think, I have these
    > altered:
    >
    > mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote %s composed this enchanting
    > statement
    > mailnews.reply_header_ondate On %s CET
    > mailnews.reply_header_type 2
    >

    > To have that for each of your default identities, meaning your mail &
    > news accounts, you could examine the Mnenhy extension on its Folder
    > Storage configuration. It is available from > http://addons.mozilla.org>. It'll take some reading of the
    > documentation provided by the author to understand the possibilities!

    It is also available in the Options dialog if You have a hacked copy of
    NewsWorthy extension. The extension author appears to have dropped
    support after the Tb 1.5 release. Bumping the MaxVersion on my copy
    proved it works well in all the Tb 2.x releases.

    --
    Ron K.