Check for Messages Every X Minutes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Check for Messages Every X Minutes - Mozilla ; I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3 minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to click the ...

  1. Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't
    working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3
    minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to click
    the 'Get Mail' button. I know this because when I do click it, it will
    retrieve mail from hours previous.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    Random wrote: I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't working correctly anymore.* I have it set to check for mail every 3 minutes.* This used to work well, but now I find myself having to click the 'Get Mail' button.* I know this because when I do click it, it will retrieve mail from hours previous.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    I know this is obvious, but obvious solutions are often to obvious, to check them. Are those massages coming from Your time zone??

    *registered linux: user #437780 machine #347242

    In the world without Walls and Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

  3. Re: Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    Random wrote:
    > I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't
    > working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3
    > minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to click
    > the 'Get Mail' button. I know this because when I do click it, it will
    > retrieve mail from hours previous.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Three minutes is a bit short - set it to TEN minutes and see if that
    cures it...

  4. Re: Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    Gordon wrote:
    > Random wrote:
    >> I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't
    >> working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3
    >> minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to
    >> click the 'Get Mail' button. I know this because when I do click it,
    >> it will retrieve mail from hours previous.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Three minutes is a bit short - set it to TEN minutes and see if that
    > cures it...

    I too recommend the course of action suggested by Gordon. If the time is
    too short, then one mail check isn't completed prior to the new one
    beginning, resulting in such problems as you express here.

  5. Re: Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    Gordon wrote:
    > Random wrote:
    >> I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't
    >> working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3
    >> minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to
    >> click the 'Get Mail' button. I know this because when I do click it,
    >> it will retrieve mail from hours previous.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Three minutes is a bit short - set it to TEN minutes and see if that
    > cures it...

    Obviously this may vary from person to person. But I have 5 email
    account (4 pop, 1 IMAP) and each of them checks every 2 minutes. I have
    no problem. However, I do NOT automatically download new mail. I
    retrieve mail manually from the server.

  6. Re: Check for Messages Every X Minutes

    whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Random wrote:
    >>> I'm noticing that the function I mentioned in the subject line isn't
    >>> working correctly anymore. I have it set to check for mail every 3
    >>> minutes. This used to work well, but now I find myself having to
    >>> click the 'Get Mail' button. I know this because when I do click it,
    >>> it will retrieve mail from hours previous.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Three minutes is a bit short - set it to TEN minutes and see if that
    >> cures it...

    > Obviously this may vary from person to person. But I have 5 email
    > account (4 pop, 1 IMAP) and each of them checks every 2 minutes. I have
    > no problem. However, I do NOT automatically download new mail. I
    > retrieve mail manually from the server.

    Ah, yes. Checking without downloading is fine, even with short times as
    it takes but milliseconds to 'check'. It's the downloading that is the
    culprit.

+ Reply to Thread