Consolidating accounts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Consolidating accounts - Mozilla ; For some strange reason, my accounts are spread between two Windows users. Is there a simple way to get them all in one user? Thanks. -- Pete Holsberg Columbus, NJ Only a mediocre person is always at his best... -- ...

  1. Consolidating accounts

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Only a mediocre person is always at his best...
    -- W. Somerset Maugham

  2. Re: Consolidating accounts

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > For some strange reason, my accounts are spread between two Windows users.
    >
    > Is there a simple way to get them all in one user?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Would you like to be a bit more explicit? I don't understand what you mean.

  3. Re: Consolidating accounts

    Gordon has written on 3/10/2008 11:22 AM:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> For some strange reason, my accounts are spread between two Windows
    >> users.
    >>
    >> Is there a simple way to get them all in one user?

    > Would you like to be a bit more explicit? I don't understand what you
    > mean.

    OK. There are two user accounts on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine. Call
    them pete and joe. I use pete.

    When I create an account, its files may be placed in
    C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pete/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/
    etc.

    or in the corresponding folder under joe. I have no idea why TB uses both.

    I would like to get all the files into the pete hierarchy. I know I can
    copy them and change the folder location for each in TB, but that seems
    rather tedious and I have no idea whether or not there are any pathnames
    in any of the configuration files.

    Besides, I have several files with the same name -- eg., prefs.js -- in
    both places.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish...
    -- Euripides

  4. Re: Consolidating accounts

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Gordon has written on 3/10/2008 11:22 AM:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>> For some strange reason, my accounts are spread between two Windows
    >>> users.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a simple way to get them all in one user?

    >> Would you like to be a bit more explicit? I don't understand what you
    >> mean.

    > OK. There are two user accounts on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine. Call
    > them pete and joe. I use pete.
    >
    > When I create an account, its files may be placed in
    > C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pete/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/
    > etc.
    >

    > or in the corresponding folder under joe. I have no idea why TB uses
    > both.
    >
    > I would like to get all the files into the pete hierarchy. I know I
    > can copy them and change the folder location for each in TB, but that
    > seems rather tedious and I have no idea whether or not there are any
    > pathnames in any of the configuration files.
    >
    > Besides, I have several files with the same name -- eg., prefs.js --
    > in both places.

    tools/accounts settings
    joe acc/
    "server settings" but also "copies and folders"

    or may just use the copies and folders for set the sent etc to pete ..
    and a filter to direct all incoming joe in pete's folders

  5. Re: Consolidating accounts

    ovidiu wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> Gordon has written on 3/10/2008 11:22 AM:

    >>> Would you like to be a bit more explicit? I don't understand what
    >>> you mean.

    >> OK. There are two user accounts on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine.
    >> Call them pete and joe. I use pete.
    >>
    >> When I create an account, its files may be placed in
    >> C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pete/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/
    >> etc.
    >>

    >> or in the corresponding folder under joe. I have no idea why TB uses
    >> both.
    >>
    >> I would like to get all the files into the pete hierarchy. I know I
    >> can copy them and change the folder location for each in TB, but that
    >> seems rather tedious and I have no idea whether or not there are any
    >> pathnames in any of the configuration files.
    >>
    >> Besides, I have several files with the same name -- eg., prefs.js --
    >> in both places.
    >>

    > tools/accounts settings
    > joe acc/
    > "server settings" but also "copies and folders"
    >
    > or may just use the copies and folders for set the sent etc to pete ..
    > and a filter to direct all incoming joe in pete's folders

    sorry, forgot the junk settings also there (account), to point to the
    pete's junk folder

    may also try using global inbox. search on mozillazine.org ...

  6. Re: Consolidating accounts

    ovidiu has written on 3/11/2008 3:42 PM:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon has written on 3/10/2008 11:22 AM:

    >>> Would you like to be a bit more explicit? I don't understand what you
    >>> mean.
    >>>

    >> OK. There are two user accounts on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine. Call
    >> them pete and joe. I use pete.
    >>
    >> When I create an account, its files may be placed in
    >> C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pete/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/
    >> etc.
    >>

    >> or in the corresponding folder under joe. I have no idea why TB uses
    >> both.
    >>
    >> I would like to get all the files into the pete hierarchy. I know I
    >> can copy them and change the folder location for each in TB, but that
    >> seems rather tedious and I have no idea whether or not there are any
    >> pathnames in any of the configuration files.
    >>
    >> Besides, I have several files with the same name -- eg., prefs.js --
    >> in both places.
    >>

    > tools/accounts settings
    > joe acc/
    > "server settings" but also "copies and folders"

    I think that's your shorthand way of saying "No, there's no simple way."

    > or may just use the copies and folders for set the sent etc to pete ..
    > and a filter to direct all incoming joe in pete's folders

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Maxim for the Internet Age: Speak softly and carry a cell phone...

+ Reply to Thread