Address book nicknames no longer work - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address book nicknames no longer work - Mozilla ; This function > In the Compose window, type the nickname for the mailing list in the > "To" field and press the Enter key. The name shown in the "To" field > should change to the full name of the ...

  1. Address book nicknames no longer work

    This function

    > In the Compose window, type the nickname for the mailing list in the
    > "To" field and press the Enter key. The name shown in the "To" field
    > should change to the full name of the mailing list.

    described at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists

    no longer works. I can't type the nickname and get a response.

    I'd like to repair this.

    --

    Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

  2. Re: Address book nicknames no longer work

    On 3/8/2008 5:48 AM, TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
    > This function
    >

    >> In the Compose window, type the nickname for the mailing list in the
    >> "To" field and press the Enter key. The name shown in the "To" field
    >> should change to the full name of the mailing list.

    > described at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists
    >
    > no longer works. I can't type the nickname and get a response.
    >
    > I'd like to repair this.

    Does it work in TB safe mode?
    For information about safe-mode see:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Address book nicknames no longer work

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 3/8/2008 5:48 AM, TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
    >> This function
    >>

    >>> In the Compose window, type the nickname for the mailing list in the
    >>> "To" field and press the Enter key. The name shown in the "To" field
    >>> should change to the full name of the mailing list.

    >> described at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists
    >>
    >> no longer works. I can't type the nickname and get a response.
    >>
    >> I'd like to repair this.
    >>

    > Does it work in TB safe mode?
    > For information about safe-mode see:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

    The result is the same.

    As I type the nickname, I see similar names but not the name of the
    mailing list that is shown listed as an address book.

    --

    Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

  4. Re: Address book nicknames no longer work

    On 3/11/2008 1:38 AM, TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 3/8/2008 5:48 AM, TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
    >>> This function

    >>> described at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists
    >>>
    >>> no longer works. I can't type the nickname and get a response.
    >>>
    >>> I'd like to repair this.
    >>>

    >> Does it work in TB safe mode?
    >> For information about safe-mode see:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
    >>

    > The result is the same.
    >
    > As I type the nickname, I see similar names but not the name of the
    > mailing list that is shown listed as an address book.

    I am confused. Is the thing you are trying to access a List or an
    Address Book? The latter can not be used as an address.

    --
    Irwin

  5. Re: Address book nicknames no longer work

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 3/11/2008 1:38 AM, TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Does it work in TB safe mode?
    >>> For information about safe-mode see:
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
    >>>

    >> The result is the same.
    >>
    >> As I type the nickname, I see similar names but not the name of the
    >> mailing list that is shown listed as an address book.
    >>

    > I am confused. Is the thing you are trying to access a List or an
    > Address Book? The latter can not be used as an address.

    Maybe that answers the matter, since I am fairly new to TB. Somehow I
    erased a list - thus causing the problem. The function works
    differently in other platforms.

    --

    Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

+ Reply to Thread