WebMail problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on WebMail problem - Mozilla ; I have just started experiencing a problem sending mail from TB (v2.0.0.12) through Yahoo. After typing out the message, when I hit , I get an error message stating "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: From: ...

  1. WebMail problem

    I have just started experiencing a problem sending mail from TB
    (v2.0.0.12) through Yahoo.

    After typing out the message, when I hit , I get an error message
    stating "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server
    responded: From: address not verified; see
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html.
    Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail
    preferences and try again."

    If I click , another message opens stating: "Sending of message
    failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server
    outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is
    refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting
    is coorect and try again, or else contact your network administrator."

    I have checked the settings in TB and all seem to be in order. I went
    to the Yahoo website contained in the error message, completed all the
    steps it asked for until the last step, which is to send the address
    for verification, only there is no button to click to send for
    verification.

    I have all the TB updates and the WebMail updates installed. I am using
    Yahoo Mail Classic. This is happening on both computers I own.

    Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on, what settings I
    might have to adjust, etc.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rick Esenwine
    rick2511@yahoo.com

  2. Re: WebMail problem

    Rick Esenwine wrote:
    > I have just started experiencing a problem sending mail from TB
    > (v2.0.0.12) through Yahoo.
    > After typing out the message, when I hit , I get an error message
    > stating "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server
    > responded: From: address not verified; see
    > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html.
    > Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail
    > preferences and try again."
    >
    > If I click , another message opens stating: "Sending of message
    > failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server
    > outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is
    > refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting
    > is coorect and try again, or else contact your network administrator."
    >
    > I have checked the settings in TB and all seem to be in order. I went
    > to the Yahoo website contained in the error message, completed all the
    > steps it asked for until the last step, which is to send the address
    > for verification, only there is no button to click to send for
    > verification.
    >
    > I have all the TB updates and the WebMail updates installed. I am using
    > Yahoo Mail Classic. This is happening on both computers I own.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on, what settings I
    > might have to adjust, etc.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Rick

    The webmail extension has a forum at
    http://webmail.mozdev.org/installation.html

    It might be a better place to ask than here.

    There's also the Mozillazine extensions forum, specifically
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=558335 (it's up to
    about 48 pages of postings now!)

    Ann

  3. Re: WebMail problem

    Annailis wrote:
    > Rick Esenwine wrote:
    >> I have just started experiencing a problem sending mail from TB
    >> (v2.0.0.12) through Yahoo.
    >> After typing out the message, when I hit , I get an error
    >> message stating "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail
    >> server responded: From: address not verified; see
    >> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html.
    >> Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail
    >> preferences and try again."
    >>
    >> If I click , another message opens stating: "Sending of message
    >> failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP
    >> server outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net failed. The server may be
    >> unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your
    >> SMTP server setting is coorect and try again, or else contact your
    >> network administrator."
    >>
    >> I have checked the settings in TB and all seem to be in order. I
    >> went to the Yahoo website contained in the error message, completed
    >> all the steps it asked for until the last step, which is to send the
    >> address for verification, only there is no button to click to send
    >> for verification.
    >>
    >> I have all the TB updates and the WebMail updates installed. I am
    >> using Yahoo Mail Classic. This is happening on both computers I own.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on, what settings I
    >> might have to adjust, etc.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> Rick

    > The webmail extension has a forum at
    > http://webmail.mozdev.org/installation.html
    >
    > It might be a better place to ask than here.
    >
    > There's also the Mozillazine extensions forum, specifically
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=558335 (it's up to about
    > 48 pages of postings now!)
    >
    > Ann

    Ok, thanks