Editor help needed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Editor help needed - Mozilla ; Pete Holsberg wrote: > Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:52 AM: >> Peter, take a look at your reply in this thread dated 3/4/08 7:42 >> Your signature block is ABOVE the quote, which is why I mentioned ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Editor help needed

  1. Re: Editor help needed

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:52 AM:
    >> Peter, take a look at your reply in this thread dated 3/4/08 7:42
    >> Your signature block is ABOVE the quote, which is why I mentioned it.
    >> It may have been an anomaly for that one post (I noted you had not
    >> done so in other posts)
    >>

    > If it is (and I don't doubt you), it's because TB put it there and I did
    > not catch it before sending. Why would TB do that if I have not changed
    > any config settings??
    >


    Don't know
    One time glitch? Rare anomaly? As I said, it was only that one time

  2. Re: Editor help needed

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:53 AM:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>
    >>> It did underline in red but offered no alternatives. Thx,
    >>>

    >>
    >> Then something is wrong with your spell checker then, mine ALWAYS has
    >> a suggestion, even it it makes no sense
    >>
    >> i.e. Jarlsberg for Holsberg
    >>

    >
    > It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    > spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >



    Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well

    So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the' for
    'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered

  3. Re: Editor help needed

    The date and time was 3/6/2008 2:40 AM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:53 AM:
    >>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> It did underline in red but offered no alternatives. Thx,
    >>>>
    >>> Then something is wrong with your spell checker then, mine ALWAYS has
    >>> a suggestion, even it it makes no sense
    >>>
    >>> i.e. Jarlsberg for Holsberg
    >>>

    >> It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    >> spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >>

    >
    >
    > Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well
    >
    > So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the' for
    > 'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered


    His question isn't answered because he was looking for a way to have it
    automatically corrected. It is much to tedious to have to right click
    on spelling errors on a continual basis. IMO, using a word processor was
    as close as he'll get. For someone who only makes occasional errors,
    that's fine. But as Pete stated, he's a two finger typist.

    --
    Terry R.
    Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

  4. Re: Editor help needed

    Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 5:40 AM:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    >> spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >>

    >
    > Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well
    >
    > So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the' for
    > 'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered


    The last spell checker I used was in Wordstar. As I'm a pretty good
    speller, I've always eschewed them. But TB has converted me!

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache,
    do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away
    from children."
    --Author Unknown

  5. Re: Editor help needed

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 3/6/2008 2:40 AM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    > (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:53 AM:
    >>>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> It did underline in red but offered no alternatives. Thx,
    >>>>>
    >>>> Then something is wrong with your spell checker then, mine ALWAYS
    >>>> has a suggestion, even it it makes no sense
    >>>>
    >>>> i.e. Jarlsberg for Holsberg
    >>>>
    >>> It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    >>> spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well
    >>
    >> So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the'
    >> for 'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered

    >
    > His question isn't answered because he was looking for a way to have it
    > automatically corrected. It is much to tedious to have to right click
    > on spelling errors on a continual basis. IMO, using a word processor was
    > as close as he'll get. For someone who only makes occasional errors,
    > that's fine. But as Pete stated, he's a two finger typist.
    >

    What about using a program like powerpro where you can define macros,
    you type 'teh', it corrects to 'the'.

    I am a long term Powerpro user and have to admit Powerpro has a steep
    learning curve. Perhaps there is something easier that will do the same
    job?

    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

  6. Re: Editor help needed

    Steve wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 3/6/2008 2:40 AM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    >> (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>> Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:53 AM:
    >>>>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> It did underline in red but offered no alternatives. Thx,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Then something is wrong with your spell checker then, mine ALWAYS
    >>>>> has a suggestion, even it it makes no sense
    >>>>>
    >>>>> i.e. Jarlsberg for Holsberg
    >>>>>
    >>>> It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    >>>> spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well
    >>>
    >>> So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the'
    >>> for 'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered

    >>
    >> His question isn't answered because he was looking for a way to have
    >> it automatically corrected. It is much to tedious to have to right
    >> click on spelling errors on a continual basis. IMO, using a word
    >> processor was as close as he'll get. For someone who only makes
    >> occasional errors, that's fine. But as Pete stated, he's a two finger
    >> typist.
    >>

    > What about using a program like powerpro where you can define macros,
    > you type 'teh', it corrects to 'the'.
    >
    > I am a long term Powerpro user and have to admit Powerpro has a steep
    > learning curve. Perhaps there is something easier that will do the same
    > job?
    >
    > http://powerpro.webeddie.com/


    Found something:

    http://www.phraseexpress.com/

    Free for personal use, easy to configure.

    HTH

    Steve

  7. Re: Editor help needed

    Steve wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 3/6/2008 2:40 AM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    >>> (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>
    >>>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) has written on 3/6/2008 2:53 AM:
    >>>>>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> It did underline in red but offered no alternatives. Thx,
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Then something is wrong with your spell checker then, mine ALWAYS
    >>>>>> has a suggestion, even it it makes no sense
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> i.e. Jarlsberg for Holsberg
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> It will make suggestions when you click "Send" IF you have "Check
    >>>>> spelling when you click 'send'" enabled!!
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Mine makes suggestions if I click on ABC spell icon as well
    >>>>
    >>>> So, yours makes suggestions when you send, so does it suggest 'the'
    >>>> for 'teh' when you send? If so, your original question is answered
    >>>
    >>> His question isn't answered because he was looking for a way to have
    >>> it automatically corrected. It is much to tedious to have to right
    >>> click on spelling errors on a continual basis. IMO, using a word
    >>> processor was as close as he'll get. For someone who only makes
    >>> occasional errors, that's fine. But as Pete stated, he's a two
    >>> finger typist.
    >>>

    >> What about using a program like powerpro where you can define macros,
    >> you type 'teh', it corrects to 'the'.
    >>
    >> I am a long term Powerpro user and have to admit Powerpro has a steep
    >> learning curve. Perhaps there is something easier that will do the
    >> same job?
    >>
    >> http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

    >
    > Found something:
    >
    > http://www.phraseexpress.com/
    >
    > Free for personal use, easy to configure.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Steve


    I use Shortkey for my most common reverses. Right now I will
    type teh ==> Result : the
    It is instant correction.

    RF

  8. Re: Editor help needed

    RF has written on 3/10/2008 4:15 PM:


    > I use Shortkey for my most common reverses. Right now I will
    > type teh ==> Result : the
    > It is instant correction.
    >


    /Qu'est-ce que c'est/ "Shortkey"?

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Maxim for the Internet Age: The e-mail of the species is deadlier than
    the mail...

  9. Re: Editor help needed

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > RF has written on 3/10/2008 4:15 PM:
    >
    >
    >> I use Shortkey for my most common reverses. Right now I will type teh
    >> ==> Result : the
    >> It is instant correction.
    >>

    >
    > /Qu'est-ce que c'est/ "Shortkey"?
    >


    As the saying goes "Google is your friend":

    http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm

    Too bad, no Mac version.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2