Combining multiple files in a newsgroup entry - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Combining multiple files in a newsgroup entry - Mozilla ; Trying to figure out how to combine (that was outlook expresses word for it) all the messages for a given file, like an mp3 file, for complete download. Any help?...

  1. Combining multiple files in a newsgroup entry

    Trying to figure out how to combine (that was outlook expresses word
    for it) all the messages for a given file, like an mp3 file, for
    complete download. Any help?

  2. Re: Combining multiple files in a newsgroup entry

    ravenworks@comcast.net wrote:
    > Trying to figure out how to combine (that was outlook expresses word
    > for it) all the messages for a given file, like an mp3 file, for
    > complete download. Any help?

    Thunderbird is not capable of uniting into a single file the contents of
    several messages (whatever the name, which I saw and forgot, for that kind of
    multi-email file).

    I know it's one of the latest fashions these days; but when I have that large
    a file which I want to transmit to a friend, I post the file somewhere (such
    as on a directory on my home site) where I have upload permission, and I send
    him the URL. And I don't do it for data (such as commercial music) where that
    kind of distribution is only allowed by paying a royalty for each download.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    240. You think Webster's Dictionary is a directory of WEB sites.

  3. Re: Combining multiple files in a newsgroup entry

    Tony Mechelynck keyboarded, On 1/16/2008 12:55 PM :
    > ravenworks@comcast.net wrote:
    >> Trying to figure out how to combine (that was outlook expresses word
    >> for it) all the messages for a given file, like an mp3 file, for
    >> complete download. Any help?

    > Thunderbird is not capable of uniting into a single file the contents
    > of several messages (whatever the name, which I saw and forgot, for
    > that kind of multi-email file).
    >
    > I know it's one of the latest fashions these days; but when I have
    > that large a file which I want to transmit to a friend, I post the
    > file somewhere (such as on a directory on my home site) where I have
    > upload permission, and I send him the URL. And I don't do it for data
    > (such as commercial music) where that kind of distribution is only
    > allowed by paying a royalty for each download.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    Combine and decode is the process name. OP will need a full service
    independent newsreader, of which Xnews is one of many. This solution is
    critical if the content is yEnc encoded, since Tbird only decodes simple
    single messages that do not have a two line yEnc header.

    --
    Ron K.