Autopreview in Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Autopreview in Thunderbird - Mozilla ; Hello, Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the message index pane? I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it. Thanks /Peter...

  1. Autopreview in Thunderbird

    Hello,

    Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in
    Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the
    message index pane?

    I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it.

    Thanks
    /Peter

  2. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    Peter wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in
    > Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the
    > message index pane?
    >
    > I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it.
    >

    > Thanks
    > /Peter

    No need for an addon, it's part of plain-vanilla Thunderbird: By hitting F8
    you can toggle on and off a preview pane, showing part of the current message
    under the message list pane. You can adjust the size of the preview pane by
    dragging the pane separation with the mouse.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    "This is a job for BOB VIOLENCE and SCUM, the INCREDIBLY STUPID MUTANT
    DOG."

  3. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in
    >> Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the
    >> message index pane?
    >>
    >> I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >> /Peter
    >>

    > No need for an addon, it's part of plain-vanilla Thunderbird: By
    > hitting F8 you can toggle on and off a preview pane, showing part of
    > the current message under the message list pane. You can adjust the
    > size of the preview pane by dragging the pane separation with the mouse.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    doesn't F8 just switches on/off the Message Pane? I think he is looking
    for an 'inline' preview on the Thread pane (or whatever the message list
    is called), witch I would be curious if someone can do..
    Is it like in the feeds (web, not tb) where u have 2 lines and 'read
    more..' ?
    Oh, btw, u have something like that in the new mail biff -the tray pop
    up- to show exactly that (subj/sender/couple of lines), when new mail
    arrived. Not that is it an answer, but it shows is more or less doable..

  4. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    ovidiu grigorescu wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in
    >>> Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the
    >>> message index pane?
    >>>
    >>> I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>> /Peter
    >>>

    >> No need for an addon, it's part of plain-vanilla Thunderbird: By
    >> hitting F8 you can toggle on and off a preview pane, showing part of
    >> the current message under the message list pane. You can adjust the
    >> size of the preview pane by dragging the pane separation with the mouse.
    >>

    >> Best regards,
    >> Tony.

    > doesn't F8 just switches on/off the Message Pane? I think he is looking
    > for an 'inline' preview on the Thread pane (or whatever the message list
    > is called), witch I would be curious if someone can do..
    > Is it like in the feeds (web, not tb) where u have 2 lines and 'read
    > more..' ?
    > Oh, btw, u have something like that in the new mail biff -the tray pop
    > up- to show exactly that (subj/sender/couple of lines), when new mail
    > arrived. Not that is it an answer, but it shows is more or less doable..

    F8 switches between Folders list + Messages list with or without Message
    Preview. The OP talked about seeing "the first 3 lines of a message". The pane
    which F8 toggles on or off shows a user-settable part of the selected
    message's contents. You can set it to one line or to 15 lines (or to anything
    in between) by dragging the separation between it and the Messages List. By
    hitting Enter you can "read more", i.e., open the message in its own window.

    BTW, when I was on Windows, I don't remember OE showing "the first 3 lines of
    a message" other than in one pane (similar to Tb's preview pane) of the main
    window. But I never used Outlook (non-Express) so I don't know about _that_
    mailer.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.

  5. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    On 7 Dec., 10:16, ovidiu grigorescu
    wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    > > Peter wrote:
    > >> Hello,

    > >> Isn't there an autopreview (like in Outlook) option/addon in
    > >> Thunderbird which can show the first 3 lines of a message in the
    > >> message index pane?

    > >> I've been looking at the add-ons but can't find anything like it.

    > >> Thanks
    > >> /Peter

    > > No need for an addon, it's part of plain-vanilla Thunderbird: By
    > > hitting F8 you can toggle on and off a preview pane, showing part of
    > > the current message under the message list pane. You can adjust the
    > > size of the preview pane by dragging the pane separation with the mouse.

    > > Best regards,
    > > Tony.

    > doesn't F8 just switches on/off the Message Pane? I think he is looking
    > for an 'inline' preview on the Thread pane (or whatever the message list
    > is called), witch I would be curious if someone can do..
    > Is it like in the feeds (web, not tb) where u have 2 lines and 'read
    > more..' ?
    > Oh, btw, u have something like that in the new mail biff -the tray pop
    > up- to show exactly that (subj/sender/couple of lines), when new mail
    > arrived. Not that is it an answer, but it shows is more or less doable..- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
    >
    > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

    Hello and thanks to both of you for your replies.

    What I'm looking for is what Tony writes. An inline preview of the
    thread just under each message header, but not in the message body
    pane (or whatever it is called) but in the message index pane (i don't
    know what that is called either).

    Thanks
    /Peter

  6. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    On 7 Dec., 10:27, Tony Mechelynck
    wrote:
    > ovidiu grigorescu wrote:
    > > Tony Mechelynck wrote:

    > >> No need for an addon, it's part of plain-vanilla Thunderbird: By
    > >> hitting F8 you can toggle on and off a preview pane, showing part of
    > >> the current message under the message list pane. You can adjust the
    > >> size of the preview pane by dragging the pane separation with the mouse..

    > >> Best regards,
    > >> Tony.

    > > doesn't F8 just switches on/off the Message Pane? I think he is looking
    > > for an 'inline' preview on the Thread pane (or whatever the message list
    > > is called), witch I would be curious if someone can do..
    > > Is it like in the feeds (web, not tb) where u have 2 lines and 'read
    > > more..' ?
    > > Oh, btw, u have something like that in the new mail biff -the tray pop
    > > up- to show exactly that (subj/sender/couple of lines), when new mail
    > > arrived. Not that is it an answer, but it shows is more or less doable..

    > F8 switches between Folders list + Messages list with or without Message
    > Preview. The OP talked about seeing "the first 3 lines of a message". The pane
    > which F8 toggles on or off shows a user-settable part of the selected
    > message's contents. You can set it to one line or to 15 lines (or to anything
    > in between) by dragging the separation between it and the Messages List. By
    > hitting Enter you can "read more", i.e., open the message in its own window.
    >
    > BTW, when I was on Windows, I don't remember OE showing "the first 3 linesof
    > a message" other than in one pane (similar to Tb's preview pane) of the main
    > window. But I never used Outlook (non-Express) so I don't know about _that_
    > mailer.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tony.
    > --
    > Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.- Skjul tekst ianførselstegn -
    >
    > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

    Thank, I'll try that when I get home.

    /Peter

  7. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    EDIT:
    What I'm looking for is what ovidiu writes An inline preview of the
    thread just under each message header, but not in the message body
    pane (or whatever it is called) but in the message index pane (i
    don't
    know what that is called either).

    Thanks
    /Peter- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

  8. Re: Autopreview in Thunderbird

    Peter wrote:
    > EDIT:
    > What I'm looking for is what ovidiu writes An inline preview of the
    > thread just under each message header, but not in the message body
    > pane (or whatever it is called) but in the message index pane (i
    > don't
    > know what that is called either).
    >
    > Thanks
    > /Peter- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

    let's call them Folder pane/ Thread pane /Message pane as in
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_layout_-_Thunderbird
    btw, Gmail has that preview also ..
    Anyway, I don't see a way or extension right now to do it

+ Reply to Thread