Rewrap Line Length - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Rewrap Line Length - Mozilla ; When my composed mail rewraps upon sending, the lines are only about 30 spaces wide. How can I change this? Harry Gordon (harryg@hotpop.com)...

  1. Rewrap Line Length

    When my composed mail rewraps upon sending, the lines are
    only about 30 spaces wide. How can I change this?

    Harry Gordon (harryg@hotpop.com)

  2. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    Harry Gordon wrote:

    > When my composed mail rewraps upon sending, the lines are only about 30
    > spaces wide. How can I change this?
    >
    > Harry Gordon (harryg@hotpop.com)

    Hi Harry,

    Tools, Options, Composition. Usually the default is 72 (for Plain Text).

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    Terry R. wrote:
    > Harry Gordon wrote:
    >> When my composed mail rewraps upon sending, the lines are only about 30
    >> spaces wide. How can I change this?
    >>
    >> Harry Gordon (harryg@hotpop.com)

    > Hi Harry,
    >
    > Tools, Options, Composition. Usually the default is 72 (for Plain Text).

    That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    Harry

  4. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    *-* On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:18:54 -0800,
    *-* In Article
    mailman.1829.1196277558.3523.support...ts.mozilla.org,
    *-* Harry Gordon wrote
    *-* About Re: Rewrap Line Length

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> Harry Gordon wrote:
    >>> When my composed mail rewraps upon sending, the lines are only
    >>> about 30 spaces wide. How can I change this?

    >> Tools, Options, Composition. Usually the default is 72 (for Plain
    >> Text).

    > That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it happen?
    AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  5. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    Ken Whiton wrote:

    >> That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    > What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it happen?
    > AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.
    >
    > Ken Whiton

    It does in mine. I have 2.0.0.9

  6. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    On 11/29/2007 9:05 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:
    > *-* On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:18:54 -0800,
    > *-* In Article
    > mailman.1829.1196277558.3523.support...ts.mozilla.org,
    > *-* Harry Gordon wrote
    > *-* About Re: Rewrap Line Length
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:

    >>> Tools, Options, Composition. Usually the default is 72 (for Plain
    >>> Text).

    >> That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    > What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it happen?
    > AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.

    If I view the source of a message I have sent, the text is indeed
    wrapped. That is, lines of text are broken at a certain point, with
    CR-LF (x0D0A) inserted at the break. I don't manually break my lines; I
    just keep typing.

    --

    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  7. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    Ken Whiton wrote:
    >> That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    > What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it happen?
    > AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.
    >
    > Ken Whiton

    Compose a piece of mail, and it shows in the TB window pane
    at 72 characters wide, or whatever you have it set for.
    Click the edit menu, click rewrap, and on mine, instead of
    having the text at 72 wide, it's at 30 wide.

  8. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    On 11/29/2007 9:58 PM On a whim, Harry Gordon pounded out on the keyboard

    > Ken Whiton wrote:
    >>> That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    >> What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it happen?
    >> AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.
    >>
    >> Ken Whiton

    > Compose a piece of mail, and it shows in the TB window pane
    > at 72 characters wide, or whatever you have it set for.
    > Click the edit menu, click rewrap, and on mine, instead of
    > having the text at 72 wide, it's at 30 wide.

    I guess then the answer is, "Don't do that". What is your reason to?

    --
    Terry R.

  9. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    *-* On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:58:21 -0800,
    *-* In Article
    mailman.118.1196402311.27743.support...ts.mozilla.org,
    *-* Harry Gordon wrote
    *-* About Re: Rewrap Line Length

    > Ken Whiton wrote:
    >>> That works for composition, but not for rewrap.

    >> What do you mean by "rewrap", and where are you seeing it
    >> happen? AFAIK, TB doesn't wrap (or rewrap) text when sending.

    > Compose a piece of mail, and it shows in the TB window pane at 72
    > characters wide, or whatever you have it set for. Click the edit
    > menu, click rewrap,

    This is the first time you've stated, in any of the *THREE*
    threads you've started regarding this situation, that you are
    initiating the rewrap manually. All your other posts have either
    implied or explicitly stated that TB is doing it automatically. That
    was what I didn't understand, and was why I asked the question (and
    made the statement) that I did. Just out of curiosity, why are you
    rewrapping before sending?

    > and on mine, instead of having the text at 72
    > wide, it's at 30 wide.

    On my system (User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (Windows/20051201))
    [Edit --> Rewrap] only acts on *QUOTED* text, not on my original text,
    and it wraps that quoted text to the width (70 in my case) that I have
    the "Wrap plain text messages at [___] characters" option in
    [Tools --> Options --> Compostition --> General] set to. I don't know
    why your system would be rewrapping that much narrower. Sorry I can't
    be more help.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  10. Re: Rewrap Line Length

    Ken Whiton wrote:

    > This is the first time you've stated, in any of the *THREE*
    > threads you've started regarding this situation, that you are
    > initiating the rewrap manually. All your other posts have either
    > implied or explicitly stated that TB is doing it automatically. That
    > was what I didn't understand, and was why I asked the question (and
    > made the statement) that I did. Just out of curiosity, why are you
    > rewrapping before sending?

    I'm not. I only manually toggle rewrap to check if anything
    I've tried has changed the line length.

+ Reply to Thread