Assign message to account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Assign message to account - Mozilla ; Hi Is there a way to assign a message to a particular account? I use TB at home and work and have multiple accounts. If I forward (as attachment) messages from home to work the get assigned to the wrong ...

  1. Assign message to account

    Hi

    Is there a way to assign a message to a particular account?

    I use TB at home and work and have multiple accounts. If I forward (as
    attachment) messages from home to work the get assigned to the wrong
    account, presumably because the 'X-Account-Key:' values are different at
    home and work for the respective accounts.

    This has caught me out if I have replied to a forwarded message and it
    has used the 'wrong' account'

    Any advice gratefully accepted.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.
    Registered Linux user #439066.

  2. Re: Assign message to account

    Paul Blarmy said the following On 11/28/2007 01:54 PM:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there a way to assign a message to a particular account?
    >
    > I use TB at home and work and have multiple accounts. If I forward
    > (as attachment) messages from home to work the get assigned to the
    > wrong account, presumably because the 'X-Account-Key:' values are
    > different at home and work for the respective accounts.
    >
    > This has caught me out if I have replied to a forwarded message and
    > it has used the 'wrong' account'
    >
    > Any advice gratefully accepted.

    Your problem is not enough clear to me . Do you want to use a particular
    account when you are replying to a particular mail id ?

  3. Re: Assign message to account

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:04:32 +0530, Nir wrote...

    > Paul Blarmy said the following On 11/28/2007 01:54 PM:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Is there a way to assign a message to a particular account?
    > >
    > > I use TB at home and work and have multiple accounts. If I forward
    > > (as attachment) messages from home to work the get assigned to the
    > > wrong account, presumably because the 'X-Account-Key:' values are
    > > different at home and work for the respective accounts.
    > >
    > > This has caught me out if I have replied to a forwarded message and
    > > it has used the 'wrong' account'
    > >
    > > Any advice gratefully accepted.
    > >

    > Your problem is not enough clear to me . Do you want to use a particular
    > account when you are replying to a particular mail id ?

    I want to reply using the account that the message was originally sent
    to.

    If I forward the message (as an attachment) from my home PC to my work
    PC, then even though they both have the same accounts, the account
    number is obviously different and thus the forwarded message gets
    assigned to a different account. (Right account number but wrong account
    name!)

    For instance, at home lets say I have the following accounts:
    Identity1
    Identity2
    Identity3

    They have X-Account-Key: values of 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

    Now at work, the same accounts:
    Identity1
    Identity2
    Identity3

    seem to have have X-Account-Key: values in a different order.

    For example, at home the account:
    Identity1 (X-Account-Key: 1)
    Identity2 (X-Account-Key: 2)
    Identity3 (X-Account-Key: 3)

    equates to at work:
    Identity1 (X-Account-Key: 3)
    Identity2 (X-Account-Key: 1)
    Identity3 (X-Account-Key: 2)

    Meaning that Identity1 at home becomes Identity2 at work due to the X-
    Account-Key values being different.

    I hope that makes sense?!!

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.
    Registered Linux user #439066.

+ Reply to Thread