Can Thunderbird run in the background? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can Thunderbird run in the background? - Mozilla ; Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen... is there an option to enable this? Thank you....

  1. Can Thunderbird run in the background?

    Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am
    alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen... is
    there an option to enable this?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Can Thunderbird run in the background?

    On 11/10/2007 6:01 AM, Nellie wrote:
    > Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am
    > alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen... is
    > there an option to enable this?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Yes, you can use the "Minimize to Tray" and
    "Minimize to Tray Enhancer" to minimize TB to the
    tray. It will notify you whenever you have mail
    by placing a 'letter symbol" in your tray. It is
    my understanding that you have to have both
    extensions to make this work properly.

  3. Re: Can Thunderbird run in the background?

    On 11/10/2007 6:23 AM, BAGs wrote:
    > On 11/10/2007 6:01 AM, Nellie wrote:
    >> Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am
    >> alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen...
    >> is there an option to enable this?
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > Yes, you can use the "Minimize to Tray" and "Minimize to Tray Enhancer"
    > to minimize TB to the tray. It will notify you whenever you have mail
    > by placing a 'letter symbol" in your tray. It is my understanding that
    > you have to have both extensions to make this work properly.

    You need both ans you need to set the "Minimize to Tray Enhancer"
    options to start Thunderbird when you start Windows.
    Dave Pyles

  4. Re: Can Thunderbird run in the background?

    BAGs wrote:
    > On 11/10/2007 6:01 AM, Nellie wrote:
    >> Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am
    >> alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen...
    >> is there an option to enable this?
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > Yes, you can use the "Minimize to Tray" and "Minimize to Tray Enhancer"
    > to minimize TB to the tray. It will notify you whenever you have mail
    > by placing a 'letter symbol" in your tray. It is my understanding that
    > you have to have both extensions to make this work properly.

    You only need both if you want Thunderbird to start minimized
    automatically. If all you want to do is minimize Thunderbird to the tray
    after starting it you don't need Minimize to Tray Enhancer.

    Scott Reynolds scottreyn@gmail.com

  5. Re: Can Thunderbird run in the background?

    Scott Reynolds wrote:
    > BAGs wrote:
    >> On 11/10/2007 6:01 AM, Nellie wrote:
    >>> Basically I would like Thunderbird to run in the background so I am
    >>> alerted to new mails without having the program running on screen...
    >>> is there an option to enable this?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.

    >> Yes, you can use the "Minimize to Tray" and "Minimize to Tray
    >> Enhancer" to minimize TB to the tray. It will notify you whenever you
    >> have mail by placing a 'letter symbol" in your tray. It is my
    >> understanding that you have to have both extensions to make this work
    >> properly.

    > You only need both if you want Thunderbird to start minimized
    > automatically. If all you want to do is minimize Thunderbird to the tray
    > after starting it you don't need Minimize to Tray Enhancer.

    Aaaah! Thanks for posting this! I have been looking for this for ages!

+ Reply to Thread