Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's - Mozilla ; I'm about to give Thunderbird a chance. Many of the differences i notice are improvements. However, there are few things that i'd like to have my way. I'm guessing i'm far from the first person having these thought so i'm ...

  1. Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    I'm about to give Thunderbird a chance. Many of the
    differences i notice are improvements. However,
    there are few things that i'd like to have my way.

    I'm guessing i'm far from the first person having
    these thought so i'm guessing there's a list of
    such howto's. However, i haven't found one.

    Example of things i'd like to have.

    1. Going to inbox (automatically) as i open TB.
    2. Marking all messages as read when i exit a NG.
    3. Deleting by hand the messages from NG-server.
    4. Jumping between message list and message body.
    Etc.

    Sincerely
    Konrad

  2. Re: Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258

    --
    John Liebson

  3. Re: Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    John Liebson skrev:
    > On 2/11/2007 9:07, Konrad Viltersten wrote:
    >
    >> I'm about to give Thunderbird a chance. Many of the
    >> differences i notice are improvements. However,
    >> there are few things that i'd like to have my way.
    >>
    >> I'm guessing i'm far from the first person having
    >> these thought so i'm guessing there's a list of
    >> such howto's. However, i haven't found one.
    >>
    >> Example of things i'd like to have.
    >>
    >> 1. Going to inbox (automatically) as i open TB.
    >> 2. Marking all messages as read when i exit a NG.
    >> 3. Deleting by hand the messages from NG-server.
    >> 4. Jumping between message list and message body.
    >> Etc.
    >>
    >> Sincerely
    >> Konrad

    > 1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258

    It doesn't seem to work. The installer complains about
    not being comaptible with FireFox (sic!).

    Am i doing somehting really stupid?

    Konrad

  4. Re: Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    Konrad Viltersten skrev:
    > John Liebson skrev:
    >> On 2/11/2007 9:07, Konrad Viltersten wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm about to give Thunderbird a chance. Many of the
    >>> differences i notice are improvements. However,
    >>> there are few things that i'd like to have my way.
    >>>
    >>> I'm guessing i'm far from the first person having
    >>> these thought so i'm guessing there's a list of
    >>> such howto's. However, i haven't found one.
    >>>
    >>> Example of things i'd like to have.
    >>>
    >>> 1. Going to inbox (automatically) as i open TB.
    >>> 2. Marking all messages as read when i exit a NG.
    >>> 3. Deleting by hand the messages from NG-server.
    >>> 4. Jumping between message list and message body.
    >>> Etc.
    >>>
    >>> Sincerely
    >>> Konrad

    >> 1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258
    >>

    > It doesn't seem to work. The installer complains about
    > not being comaptible with FireFox (sic!).
    >
    > Am i doing somehting really stupid?
    >
    > Konrad

    Wait, i just realized the idiocy of what i was doing...

    Konrad

  5. Re: Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    On 11/2/2007 11:07 AM, Konrad Viltersten wrote:

    > I'm about to give Thunderbird a chance. Many of the
    > differences i notice are improvements. However,
    > there are few things that i'd like to have my way.
    >
    > I'm guessing i'm far from the first person having
    > these thought so i'm guessing there's a list of
    > such howto's. However, i haven't found one.
    >
    > Example of things i'd like to have.
    >
    > 1. Going to inbox (automatically) as i open TB.

    Try this:

    Best regards
    Gord McFee

  6. Re: Switching from Outlook Express looking for a list of howto's

    Konrad Viltersten wrote:
    > Konrad Viltersten skrev:
    >> John Liebson skrev:

    >>> 1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258
    >>>

    >> It doesn't seem to work. The installer complains about
    >> not being comaptible with FireFox (sic!).
    >>
    >> Am i doing somehting really stupid?
    >>
    >> Konrad

    > Wait, i just realized the idiocy of what i was doing...
    >
    > Konrad

    Grin. Don't worry, Konrad, most of us have probably done that.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread