New tab opened in background - Mozilla

This is a discussion on New tab opened in background - Mozilla ; I use Firefox and Thunderbird, upgraded from Mozilla. When I click on the link in the e-mail message, the new tab is created, *AND* it becomes a foreground (Thunderbird window goes to background). In Mozilla I could set the new ...

  1. New tab opened in background

    I use Firefox and Thunderbird, upgraded from Mozilla.
    When I click on the link in the e-mail message, the new tab is created, *AND* it becomes a foreground (Thunderbird window goes to background). In Mozilla I could set the new tab to be opened in backgruond.
    Is it possible in Firefox/Thunderbird ?

    Regards
    --
    Radoslaw Skorupka
    Lodz, Poland

  2. Re: New tab opened in background

    R.S. wrote:
    > I use Firefox and Thunderbird, upgraded from Mozilla. When I click on
    > the link in the e-mail message, the new tab is created, *AND* it
    > becomes a foreground (Thunderbird window goes to background). In
    > Mozilla I could set the new tab to be opened in backgruond. Is it
    > possible in Firefox/Thunderbird ?
    >
    > Regards

    Although according to kb.mozillazine this pref should not solve this
    issue but it works for me ,

    type about:config in location bar , press Enter
    type browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground in filter , double click on
    it to set it's value to true.
    restart FF

+ Reply to Thread