Open new tab for keyword searches, not URLs - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Open new tab for keyword searches, not URLs - Mozilla ; Hi all... I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to open a new tab for a keyword search, but not for a typed URL... any ideas?...

  1. Open new tab for keyword searches, not URLs

    Hi all...

    I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to open a new tab for a
    keyword search, but not for a typed URL... any ideas?

  2. Re: Open new tab for keyword searches, not URLs

    > I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to open a new tab for a
    > keyword search, but not for a typed URL... any ideas?

    Possibly with JavaScript and if someone comes up with something
    I'd probably use it or at least document it.

    I'm in the habit of starting with a new tab using any of
    Ctrl+T, or
    clicking on new tab button, or
    double-clicking on an empty area of tabs bar,
    or simply reusing a tab
    so if I did both I'd have an empty tab.
    And just before entering keyword short, using
    Ctrl+L if I'm not already on the Location bar.

    some things that may be close, unfortunately I'm only a copy cat for JavaScript:

    http://henrik.nyh.se/2006/09/delicio...-tab-or-window

    void(window.open('http://del.icio.us/post?v=4;url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+' ;title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)))

    Click Here! to see jlinktut.htm
    --