Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5 - Mozilla ; My ISP has a "Control Panel" with about fifty icons; Internet Explorer (boo!) loads it just fine, but Firefox won't. The only way to get it to do it is to disable ZoneAlarm completely. Checked the Program settings in ZA, ...

  1. Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5

    My ISP has a "Control Panel" with about fifty icons; Internet Explorer (boo!) loads it just fine, but Firefox won't. The
    only way to get it to do it is to disable ZoneAlarm completely. Checked the Program settings in ZA, removed and
    restarted Firefox...nothing works. ZoneAlarm says it supports FF 1.x, nothing about 2.x.

    Anyone else having these problems?

  2. Re: Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5

    Scott Leslie wrote:
    > My ISP has a "Control Panel" with about fifty icons; Internet Explorer
    > (boo!) loads it just fine, but Firefox won't. The only way to get it to
    > do it is to disable ZoneAlarm completely. Checked the Program settings
    > in ZA, removed and restarted Firefox...nothing works. ZoneAlarm says it
    > supports FF 1.x, nothing about 2.x.
    >
    > Anyone else having these problems?

    If it works with ZA disabled, and not with ZA enabled, check for things
    that ZA may be blocking, such as popups, or certain sites. The problem
    is in the ZA settings.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Scott Leslie wrote:
    >> My ISP has a "Control Panel" with about fifty icons; Internet Explorer
    >> (boo!) loads it just fine, but Firefox won't. The only way to get it
    >> to do it is to disable ZoneAlarm completely. Checked the Program
    >> settings in ZA, removed and restarted Firefox...nothing works.
    >> ZoneAlarm says it supports FF 1.x, nothing about 2.x.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having these problems?

    > If it works with ZA disabled, and not with ZA enabled, check for things
    > that ZA may be blocking, such as popups, or certain sites. The problem
    > is in the ZA settings.

    No duh. I can't find it, though.

  4. Re: Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls

    --
    Carl

  5. Re: Firefox 2.x and ZoneAlarm Suite 6.5

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Scott Leslie wrote:
    >> My ISP has a "Control Panel" with about fifty icons; Internet Explorer
    >> (boo!) loads it just fine, but Firefox won't. The only way to get it
    >> to do it is to disable ZoneAlarm completely. Checked the Program
    >> settings in ZA, removed and restarted Firefox...nothing works.
    >> ZoneAlarm says it supports FF 1.x, nothing about 2.x.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having these problems?

    > If it works with ZA disabled, and not with ZA enabled, check for things
    > that ZA may be blocking, such as popups, or certain sites. The problem
    > is in the ZA settings.

    Okay, found it (or thereabouts). In ZA's Program Control/Programs/Options/Security I simply
    unchecked everything that looked likely. Works now.

+ Reply to Thread