Lost bookmarks toolbar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lost bookmarks toolbar - Mozilla ; Hi. After a reinstall, I seem to have lost my bookmars/personal toolbar folder as a toolbar (that is, it IS stored in my Bookmars scrolldown). Neither is it listed in the "View/Toolbars" scrolldown. OTOH, I have somehow got four windows-related ...

  1. Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Hi.
    After a reinstall, I seem to have lost my bookmars/personal toolbar
    folder as a toolbar (that is, it IS stored in my Bookmars scrolldown).
    Neither is it listed in the "View/Toolbars" scrolldown. OTOH, I have
    somehow got four windows-related on the bookmarks toolbar, which I don't
    want.

    Any ideas?

    rgds,
    ole k

  2. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Ole Kvaal wrote:
    > Hi. After a reinstall, I seem to have lost my bookmars/personal
    > toolbar folder as a toolbar (that is, it IS stored in my Bookmars
    > scrolldown). Neither is it listed in the "View/Toolbars" scrolldown.
    > OTOH, I have somehow got four windows-related on the bookmarks
    > toolbar, which I don't want.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > rgds, ole k

    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

  3. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Nir wrote:
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    Hmm. Didn't seem to help much. I deleted the localstore.rdf file and
    restarted Firefox, but still the bookmarks toolbar only includes
    "Windows Media", "Free Hotmail" and "Windows" in other words, it seems
    to be a Windows toolbar taking my original toolbar's place. I MAY at one
    point have clicked "Yes" to install such a bar from Windows, but rather
    unconsciously.

    rgds,
    ole k

  4. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Ole Kvaal wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    > Hmm. Didn't seem to help much. I deleted the localstore.rdf file and
    > restarted Firefox, but still the bookmarks toolbar only includes
    > "Windows Media", "Free Hotmail" and "Windows" in other words, it
    > seems to be a Windows toolbar taking my original toolbar's place. I
    > MAY at one point have clicked "Yes" to install such a bar from
    > Windows, but rather unconsciously.

    goto Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks.
    can you find 'Bookmarks Toolbar' in left folder pane?

  5. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Nir wrote:
    > Ole Kvaal wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:
    >>> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    >> Hmm. Didn't seem to help much. I deleted the localstore.rdf file and
    >> restarted Firefox, but still the bookmarks toolbar only includes
    >> "Windows Media", "Free Hotmail" and "Windows" in other words, it
    >> seems to be a Windows toolbar taking my original toolbar's place. I
    >> MAY at one point have clicked "Yes" to install such a bar from
    >> Windows, but rather unconsciously.
    >>

    > goto Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks.
    > can you find 'Bookmarks Toolbar' in left folder pane?

    Yes. Perhaps I should be more precise about what I want here, that is to
    display the shortcuts stored in the Personal Toolbar Folder.

    bow,
    ole k

  6. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Ole Kvaal wrote:
    > Nir wrote:

    >> goto Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks. can you find 'Bookmarks Toolbar'
    >> in left folder pane?

    > Yes. Perhaps I should be more precise about what I want here, that is
    > to display the shortcuts stored in the Personal Toolbar Folder.

    Select the 'Bookmraks Toolbar folder' in left pane , goto Edit>Set As
    Bookmraks Toolbar folder.
    restart FF.

  7. Re: Lost bookmarks toolbar

    Nir wrote:
    > Select the 'Bookmraks Toolbar folder' in left pane , goto Edit>Set As
    > Bookmraks Toolbar folder.
    > restart FF.

    Yup! That's it. Again, thanks for your patience and helpfulness.

    rgds,
    ole k

+ Reply to Thread