problem with yahoo email beta using firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on problem with yahoo email beta using firefox - Mozilla ; I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory folders. The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The ...

  1. problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there
    are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory folders.
    The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The bar between the 2
    boxes is movable, but only to the right. I can't move it back to the left.
    This does not happen on Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only on Firefox. Or
    put it this way, I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or Mozilla.
    I am afraid once I move it, I can't move it back.

  2. Re: problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    /RONALD GOODSTEIN/ said:

    > I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui,
    > there are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email
    > directory folders. The box on the right shows list of the email
    > headers. The bar between the 2 boxes is movable, but only to the
    > right. I can't move it back to the left. This does not happen on
    > Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only or Firefox. Or put it this way,
    > I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or Mozilla. I am afraid
    > once I move it, I can't move it back.

    Using Yahoo! mail beta in SeaMonkey, I see a divider - near the left
    side of the screen - which cannot be moved farther left. But one likely
    would not want to; that would truncate text in the lefthand column.

    The bar can be dragged to the right, however. Resize the entire window,
    by dragging its borders, and see if that helps accomplish what you want.

  3. Re: problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    RONALD GOODSTEIN wrote:
    > I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there
    > are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory folders.
    > The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The bar between the 2
    > boxes is movable, but only to the right. I can't move it back to the left.
    > This does not happen on Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only on Firefox. Or
    > put it this way, I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or Mozilla.
    > I am afraid once I move it, I can't move it back.

    It moves both ways for me with FF2.0.0.2. It will not go farther to the
    left than it begins, however.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  4. Re: problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > RONALD GOODSTEIN wrote:
    >> I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there
    >> are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory
    >> folders.
    >> The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The bar between
    >> the 2
    >> boxes is movable, but only to the right. I can't move it back to the
    >> left.
    >> This does not happen on Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only on
    >> Firefox. Or
    >> put it this way, I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or
    >> Mozilla.
    >> I am afraid once I move it, I can't move it back.
    >>

    > It moves both ways for me with FF2.0.0.2. It will not go farther to the
    > left than it begins, however.

    I have the same problem as Ronald in yahoo webmail beta. FF 2.0.0.2
    Once the boundary has moved right, I can't get it to go back to the left.

    --
    Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
    http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk

  5. Re: problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    RONALD GOODSTEIN wrote:
    > I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there
    > are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory folders.
    > The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The bar between the 2
    > boxes is movable, but only to the right. I can't move it back to the left.
    > This does not happen on Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only on Firefox. Or
    > put it this way, I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or Mozilla.
    > I am afraid once I move it, I can't move it back.

    If I open FF in Safe Mode, then the bar is moveable to the left and it
    is still there when I use ordinary mode later. Phew!

    --
    Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
    http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
    Free trial of Mailwasher Pro - effective email spam filter - (commission
    goes to our partners in Bulgaria)
    http://fta.firetrust.com/index.cgi?id=420

  6. Re: problem with yahoo email beta using firefox

    Robert M Jones keyed the following on 3/10/2007 5:17 PM:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> RONALD GOODSTEIN wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use verizon yahoo email beta browser. When I open the email gui, there
    >>> are 2 boxes side by side. The left box shows the email directory
    >>> folders.
    >>> The box on the right shows list of the email headers. The bar between
    >>> the 2
    >>> boxes is movable, but only to the right. I can't move it back to the
    >>> left.
    >>> This does not happen on Internet Explorer of Mozilla. Only on
    >>> Firefox. Or
    >>> put it this way, I have not tried to move the bar on either IE or
    >>> Mozilla.
    >>> I am afraid once I move it, I can't move it back.
    >>>

    >> It moves both ways for me with FF2.0.0.2. It will not go farther to the
    >> left than it begins, however.
    >>

    > I have the same problem as Ronald in yahoo webmail beta. FF 2.0.0.2
    > Once the boundary has moved right, I can't get it to go back to the left.

    I think it only affects people whose names begin with "R". :-)

    It works fine for me. Even looks a little like Thunderbird!!

+ Reply to Thread