bookmarks gone - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bookmarks gone - Mozilla ; suddenly all of my bookmarks have disappeared how on earth is this possible? even after importing them from my floppy they were gone again after starting a new firefox session! help me!...

  1. bookmarks gone

    suddenly all of my bookmarks have disappeared
    how on earth is this possible?
    even after importing them from my floppy they
    were gone again after starting a new firefox session!

    help me!

  2. Re: bookmarks gone

    bingo2 wrote:
    > suddenly all of my bookmarks have disappeared how on earth is this
    > possible?

    They are not completely lost , you can recover them easily
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks"

    > even after importing them from my floppy they were gone again after
    > starting a new firefox session!

    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks#Bookmarks_always_missing_after_rest art"

  3. Re: bookmarks gone

    On 04/03/2007 18:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused bingo2 to
    generate the following:? :
    > suddenly all of my bookmarks have disappeared
    > how on earth is this possible?
    > even after importing them from my floppy they
    > were gone again after starting a new firefox session!
    >
    > help me!

    this is a new "feature"... :-( :-( :-(

    look in your PROFILE folder for bookmarkbackups
    this is a list of the last 5 days of BM-backups, each generated at the
    *last* shutdown of FF on that respective day. To replace your BMs, copy
    the latest backup (by date) to your profile, to replace Bookmarks.HTML
    (you will have to rename the copied file)

    reg

  4. Re: bookmarks gone

    --
    Carl

  5. Re: bookmarks gone

    bingo2 wrote:
    > suddenly all of my bookmarks have disappeared
    > how on earth is this possible?
    > even after importing them from my floppy they
    > were gone again after starting a new firefox session!
    >
    > help me!

    The usual cause is making a new profile by accident. Start the program
    from Start/run and type; firefox.exe -p
    If you have more than one profile listed, select each for the startup
    and see if you can find your bookmarks.
    If not, come back and we will try the next solution.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread