lost messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on lost messages - Mozilla ; When I open news.mozilla.org, the m.s.firefox mail box shows over 1000 messages. but when I open the m.s.firefox mailbox the list gets truncated to 30 messages. Does any one know how to fix this? Because of this problem I lost ...

  1. lost messages

    When I open news.mozilla.org, the m.s.firefox mail box shows over 1000
    messages. but when I open the m.s.firefox mailbox the list gets
    truncated to 30 messages. Does any one know how to fix this?

    Because of this problem I lost the answers to my mail about command
    line shutdown of Firefox

    Thanks
    Bill Krol

    PS This does not happen in Thunderbird

  2. Re: lost messages

    William S Krol wrote:
    > When I open news.mozilla.org, the m.s.firefox mail box shows over 1000
    > messages. but when I open the m.s.firefox mailbox the list gets
    > truncated to 30 messages. Does any one know how to fix this?
    >
    > Because of this problem I lost the answers to my mail about command
    > line shutdown of Firefox
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bill Krol
    >
    > PS This does not happen in Thunderbird

    Additional info
    When I open news.mozilla.org, I see

    m.s.thunderbird 1478 34815
    m.s.firefox 44824 48434
    m.announce 3 16

    as I open each one I get
    m.s.thunderbird 1479 4171
    m.s.firefox 30 31
    m.announce 2 15

    disk space is set to keep last 9999 messages

  3. Re: lost messages

    William S Krol wrote:
    > William S Krol wrote:
    >> When I open news.mozilla.org, the m.s.firefox mail box shows over 1000
    >> messages. but when I open the m.s.firefox mailbox the list gets
    >> truncated to 30 messages. Does any one know how to fix this?
    >>
    >> Because of this problem I lost the answers to my mail about command
    >> line shutdown of Firefox
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Bill Krol
    >>
    >> PS This does not happen in Thunderbird

    > Additional info
    > When I open news.mozilla.org, I see
    >
    > m.s.thunderbird 1478 34815
    > m.s.firefox 44824 48434
    > m.announce 3 16
    >
    > as I open each one I get
    > m.s.thunderbird 1479 4171
    > m.s.firefox 30 31
    > m.announce 2 15
    >
    > disk space is set to keep last 9999 messages

    Since I am losing messages please also any comments to me at
    wskrol@earthlink.net Due to the 32 message limit I probably
    won't be able to see you response in newsgroups
    Thanks
    Bill Krol

  4. Re: lost messages

    On 04/03/2007 10:51 AM, _William S Krol_ spoke thusly:
    > William S Krol wrote:
    >> When I open news.mozilla.org, the m.s.firefox mail box shows over 1000
    >> messages. but when I open the m.s.firefox mailbox the list gets
    >> truncated to 30 messages. Does any one know how to fix this?
    >>
    >> Because of this problem I lost the answers to my mail about command
    >> line shutdown of Firefox
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Bill Krol
    >>
    >> PS This does not happen in Thunderbird

    > Additional info
    > When I open news.mozilla.org, I see
    >
    > m.s.thunderbird 1478 34815
    > m.s.firefox 44824 48434
    > m.announce 3 16
    >
    > as I open each one I get
    > m.s.thunderbird 1479 4171
    > m.s.firefox 30 31
    > m.announce 2 15
    >
    > disk space is set to keep last 9999 messages

    Cross-post and follow-up set to mozilla.support.thunderbird. This is a
    Thunderbird issue, not a Firefox issue.

    It's a display bug in Thunderbird, that has been fixed in development
    builds. The first end-user release to contain the fix will be Thunderbird 2.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator