Thunderbird - Lock Inbox (security) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird - Lock Inbox (security) - Mozilla ; I have not saved my password for new incoming email so prying eyes can't see that. However, if someone doesn't know your mail server password, they can cancel the login for new mail but still see all of your previous ...

  1. Thunderbird - Lock Inbox (security)

    I have not saved my password for new incoming email so prying eyes
    can't see that. However, if someone doesn't know your mail server
    password, they can cancel the login for new mail but still see all of
    your previous in and sent mail.

    A quick search found nothing - isn't there a way to lock this up so
    that people can't read your email ? I would have thought logically
    that the in and sent boxes would be empty - once you entered a
    "thunderbird password" they would become accesible...that would even
    negate the necessity to "not save" your mail server password - the
    program should be completely locked and not accesible unless you have
    the right password...

    any tips on this ?
    thanks

  2. Re: Thunderbird - Lock Inbox (security)

    Rabid man wrote:
    > I have not saved my password for new incoming email so prying eyes
    > can't see that. However, if someone doesn't know your mail server
    > password, they can cancel the login for new mail but still see all of
    > your previous in and sent mail.
    >
    > A quick search found nothing - isn't there a way to lock this up so
    > that people can't read your email ? I would have thought logically
    > that the in and sent boxes would be empty - once you entered a
    > "thunderbird password" they would become accesible...that would even
    > negate the necessity to "not save" your mail server password - the
    > program should be completely locked and not accesible unless you have
    > the right password...
    >
    > any tips on this ?
    > thanks

    You would be better off posting this to the mozilla.support.thunderbird
    newsgroup.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  3. Re: Thunderbird - Lock Inbox (security)

    On 2007-02-11 03:22 (-0700 UTC), Rabid man wrote:

    > I have not saved my password for new incoming email so prying eyes
    > can't see that. However, if someone doesn't know your mail server
    > password, they can cancel the login for new mail but still see all of
    > your previous in and sent mail.
    >
    > A quick search found nothing - isn't there a way to lock this up so
    > that people can't read your email ? I would have thought logically
    > that the in and sent boxes would be empty - once you entered a
    > "thunderbird password" they would become accesible...that would even
    > negate the necessity to "not save" your mail server password - the
    > program should be completely locked and not accesible unless you have
    > the right password...
    >
    > any tips on this ?
    > thanks

    [Setting f'up to m.s.t.]

    Try activating FIPS by pressing the Security Devices button under Advanced :
    Certificates. You should be able to get more information using Help.

    /b.

    --
    People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid.
    --Stephen M. Graham

+ Reply to Thread