Re: firefox2...no cnn video - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: firefox2...no cnn video - Mozilla ; hello, i cannot play cnn video news or msn video with firefox2................explorer works ok though. firefox used to work with mp11 playing the vids ...but no more. how can i fix this? thanks. p. >From: Leonidas Jones >Reply-To: Firefox user ...

  1. Re: firefox2...no cnn video

    hello,

    i cannot play cnn video news or msn video with
    firefox2................explorer works ok though.
    firefox used to work with mp11 playing the vids ...but no more.
    how can i fix this?
    thanks.
    p.

    >From: Leonidas Jones
    >To: support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org
    >Subject: Re: firefox2...no cnn video
    >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:55:54 -0500
    >
    >P V wrote:
    >
    >Evidently, nothing.
    >
    >Lee
    >
    >--
    >Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    >Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    >The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    >http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

    Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
    Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA

  2. Re: firefox2...no cnn video

    P V wrote, on 09. feb 2007 05:47:

    > i cannot play cnn video news or msn video with
    > firefox2................explorer works ok though.
    > firefox used to work with mp11 playing the vids ...but no more.
    > how can i fix this?

    I tried it out for you with Firefox 2.0.0.1/Linux and Flash Player 9
    plugin and mplayerplug-in 3.35 and had no problems. Make sure cookies
    are turned on though (about:config, filter on cookies and adjust as
    necessary).

    FWIW I find that with the above 2 plugins (mplayerplug-in needs the
    whole mplayer gamut of own and supporting libs besides, plus up to date
    Win Codecs) I can watch just about all streams designed for Windows
    Media Player and Real Player from most Internet sites.

    --Tonni

    --
    Tonni Earnshaw
    email: tonni dot at dot hetnet dot nl

  3. Re: firefox2...no cnn video

    "P V" wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > i cannot play cnn video news or msn video with
    > firefox2................explorer works ok though.
    > firefox used to work with mp11 playing the vids ...but no more.
    > how can i fix this?
    > thanks.
    > p.

    Because...you have to install The java, first.
    That's all

  4. Re: firefox2...no cnn video

    Dion wrote:

    > "P V" wrote in message
    >> hello,
    >>
    >> i cannot play cnn video news or msn video with
    >> firefox2................explorer works ok though.
    >> firefox used to work with mp11 playing the vids ...but no more.
    >> how can i fix this?
    >> thanks.
    >> p.

    > Because...you have to install The java, first.
    > That's all

    Could you please clarify your comment? I don't see anything about java
    on cnn.com videos. There is some javascript, but no java at all.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread