Re: Can't open saved Firefox page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Can't open saved Firefox page - Mozilla ; Opened, but lost mostly everything except for the pics that were uploaded...any ideas? On Wednesday, January 24, 2007, at 08:04 PM, Chris Ilias wrote: > _Saari Kirschner_ spoke thusly on 24/01/2007 7:56 PM: >> If anyone can solve this problem, ...

  1. Re: Can't open saved Firefox page

    Opened, but lost mostly everything except for the pics that were
    uploaded...any ideas?
    On Wednesday, January 24, 2007, at 08:04 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Saari Kirschner_ spoke thusly on 24/01/2007 7:56 PM:
    >> If anyone can solve this problem, I'll be amazed....I was creating an
    >> eBay listing and decided to save the page to work on at a later date.
    >> I was using Firefox on a Mac. When I went back to open the page,
    >> which was saved with a .dll extension, it came up with a box asking
    >> "What should Firefox do with this file?" "Save to disk" was the only
    >> option but it comes up with an empty page! I spent hours working on
    >> it, it has to be recovered.

    > I suppose you could try changing the extension to .htm.
    > --
    > Chris Ilias
    > mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  2. Re: Can't open saved Firefox page

    _Saari Kirschner_ spoke thusly on 24/01/2007 8:17 PM:
    > Opened, but lost mostly everything except for the pics that were
    > uploaded...any ideas?

    Please place your replies below the quoted text, when posting here, thanks.

    Try opening the file in any text editor. If the you still can't get what
    you want, the data is probably not in that file.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Can't open saved Firefox page

    Saari Kirschner wrote:
    > Opened, but lost mostly everything except for the pics that were
    > uploaded...any ideas?

    You should try using the Poster Toaster to list. It's a free program -
    much nicer than the eBay interface.

    http://www.foodogsoftware.com/tpt/

    I am not affiliated with it in any way, but like Mozilla it's funded
    through donations....I'm just sayin!

+ Reply to Thread