Server not found error message - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Server not found error message - Mozilla ; I am getting this error message. the address is en-us.start.mozilla.com. i uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but still get the message. i am able to use the browser....

  1. Server not found error message

    I am getting this error message. the address is en-us.start.mozilla.com. i
    uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but still get the message. i
    am able to use the browser.

  2. Re: Server not found error message

    Emmet Choy wrote:
    > I am getting this error message. the address is en-us.start.mozilla.com. i
    > uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but still get the message. i
    > am able to use the browser.

    is it just that one site, or is it happening on all sites? If all, then
    close FF, and open your firewall, and remove the FF entry. Now restart
    FF. Does it work now?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  3. Re: Server not found error message

    On 1/24/2007 2:49 PM, Emmet Choy wrote:
    > I am getting this error message. the address is en-us.start.mozilla.com. i
    > uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but still get the message. i
    > am able to use the browser.

    The page en-us.start.mozilla.com does not exist.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Server not found error message

    _Irwin Greenwald_ spoke thusly on 24/01/2007 8:31 PM:
    > The page en-us.start.mozilla.com does not exist.

    Sure it does. Here, it resolves to Google.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: Server not found error message

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 1/24/2007 2:49 PM, Emmet Choy wrote:
    >> I am getting this error message. the address is
    >> en-us.start.mozilla.com. i uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of
    >> times but still get the message. i am able to use the browser.
    >>

    > The page en-us.start.mozilla.com does not exist.

    #nslookup en-us.start.mozilla.com

    Non-authoritative answer:
    en-us.start.mozilla.com canonical name = www.google.com.
    www.google.com canonical name = www.l.google.com.