Re: Yahoo email images with Firefox fail to appear - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Yahoo email images with Firefox fail to appear - Mozilla ; I've had some really nice people trying to help me solve my problem with Firefox. I've tried all suggestions that I understand. Recap: I use Yahoo as my primary email provider. When using Internet Explorer, HTML images in emails appear ...

  1. Re: Yahoo email images with Firefox fail to appear

    I've had some really nice people trying to help me solve my problem with Firefox. I've tried all suggestions that I understand.

    Recap: I use Yahoo as my primary email provider. When using Internet Explorer, HTML images in emails appear without a problem. When I retrieve the same messages using the newest Firefox, the same images are not included with the message. The empty image's box's properties on Firefox gives the correct dimensions of the image, but says the size of the file is (0 KB)(0 bytes).

    When I view the properties on the same visible images in Internet Explorer, everything is the same, but the size of the file is 34887 bytes.

    I've listed what I've tried or checked below:

    1. about:config - permissions.default.image is set to 1
    2. I do not have an Adblock extension installed
    3. Using broadband
    4. I've tried Firefox safe mode and it made no difference
    5. My Yahoo is set to NOT block any images or HTML content
    6. The Firefox Option/Content is checked to "Load Images"

    Sorry if you are getting frustrated.

    Ron Clark

  2. Re: Yahoo email images with Firefox fail to appear

    On 1/21/2007 9:12 AM eastern, Ron Clark wrote:

    > I've had some really nice people trying to help me solve my problem with
    > Firefox. I've tried all suggestions that I understand.
    >
    > Recap: I use Yahoo as my primary email provider. When using Internet
    > Explorer, HTML images in emails appear without a problem. When I
    > retrieve the same messages using the newest Firefox, the same images are
    > not included with the message. The empty image's box's properties on
    > Firefox gives the correct dimensions of the image, but says the size of
    > the file is (0 KB)(0 bytes).
    >
    > When I view the properties on the same visible images in Internet
    > Explorer, everything is the same, but the size of the file is 34887 bytes.
    >
    > I've listed what I've tried or checked below:
    >
    > 1. about:config - permissions.default.image is set to 1
    > 2. I do not have an Adblock extension installed
    > 3. Using broadband
    > 4. I've tried Firefox safe mode and it made no difference
    > 5. My Yahoo is set to NOT block any images or HTML content
    > 6. The Firefox Option/Content is checked to "Load Images"
    >
    > Sorry if you are getting frustrated.
    >
    > Ron Clark

    Just tried sending myself an embedded image with TB and getting it with
    FF in Yahoo webmail (not the Yahoo beta version), and it worked OK. Two
    quirks however:

    - The image was truncated until I used the Print View button.

    - The Yahoo General Preferences, Security setting (Block HTML graphics
    in email messages from being downloaded), which I thought might be your
    problem, DIDN'T stop the d/l of the image!!

    Glad I normally don't use webmail!!
    CTinFL

+ Reply to Thread