Download firefox using command prompt - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Download firefox using command prompt - Mozilla ; I was told that firefoxcan be downloaded using the "command line" or "command prompt" in Windows Xp. And was provided with the following command....... ************************ get the Firefox download via FTP using the command: ftp ftp.mozilla.org Once you're logged in ...

  1. Download firefox using command prompt

    I was told that firefoxcan be downloaded using the "command line" or
    "command prompt" in Windows Xp.
    And was provided with the following command.......
    ************************

    get the Firefox download via FTP using the command: ftp ftp.mozilla.org

    Once you're logged in (using the username anonymous, and no password),
    navigate to this folder using the cd command:

    cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0/win32/en-US

    Once you're there, download the Firefox install file like so:

    get "Firefox Setup 1.0.exe"

    Exit ftp with the quit command, then install Firefox by double-clicking
    the .exe file as you would any downloaded program.

    *******************

    but it did not worked !!!!

    Can Any one Please help me with this ......
    i would be gratefull................
    Thanks................

  2. Re: Download firefox using command prompt

    venom wrote:
    > I was told that firefoxcan be downloaded using the "command line" or
    > "command prompt" in Windows Xp.
    > And was provided with the following command.......
    > ************************

    Make sure that you are logged-in with admin privileges and connected to the
    Net, then cd to whichever directory into which you want to download the installer.

    > get the Firefox download via FTP using the command: ftp ftp.mozilla.org
    >
    > Once you're logged in (using the username anonymous, and no password),

    ....any password. It is considered "good form" to use your email address as a
    password, but "ftp" or "anonymous" will also work.

    > navigate to this folder using the cd command:
    >
    > cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0/win32/en-US

    cd /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0.0.1/win32/en-US

    (Firefox 1.0 is long outdated).

    > Once you're there, download the Firefox install file like so:
    >
    > get "Firefox Setup 1.0.exe"

    get Firefox (where means "hit the tab key") should complete the
    file name in the correct fashion (quotes or backslash-escapes) required by the
    program: probably one of

    get "Firefox Setup 2.0.0.1.exe"
    or
    get Firefox\ Setup\ 2.0.0.1.exe

    Then hit Enter. Wait for the download to complete, then exit the ftp program
    with either

    bye
    or
    quit

    (both commands are synonymous).

    > Exit ftp with the quit command, then install Firefox by double-clicking
    > the .exe file as you would any downloaded program.

    Since you already are at the command-line, you can start the installer by

    "Firefox Setup 2.0.0.1"

    (with the quotes, at the command prompt). If it finds a running Firefox, it
    will force-close it; and if it finds an existing Firefox installation, it will
    remove it (keeping your settings and add-ons). You will probably have to click
    "Yes" in those cases. You will also have to choose type of installation etc.
    At the end of installation, it will ask you if you want to launch Firefox.
    Agree to that. The first run of Firefox after installation should be done from
    an admin login. Once you have verified that Firefox 2.0.0.1 can run, you may
    remove the installer at your leisure.

    > but it did not worked !!!!
    >
    > Can Any one Please help me with this ......
    > i would be gratefull................

    Best regards,
    Tony.

+ Reply to Thread