Cannot connect - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cannot connect - Mozilla ; I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page ( http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com ) will not load. I get the msg "Cannot find the server" Please, anyone, any ideas?...

  1. Cannot connect

    I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    I get the msg "Cannot find the server"

    Please, anyone, any ideas?

  2. Re: Cannot connect

    On 21/01/2007 14:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Iain Alexander
    to generate the following:? :
    > I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    > (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    > I get the msg "Cannot find the server"
    >
    > Please, anyone, any ideas?

    check that the URL is correct?? What you have put here takes me to the
    Google search page.

    reg

  3. Re: Cannot connect

    Iain Alexander wrote:
    > I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    > (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    > I get the msg "Cannot find the server"
    >
    > Please, anyone, any ideas?

    With the same URI, I get a Google search form. I believe the URL you gave
    explicitly redirects to Google. If you don't like that, you can set something
    else as your home page (in the first tab of the Preferences). Here are a few
    examples:

    A blank page:
    about:blank

    A page with the Firefox version and logo:
    about:

    The Firefox homepage at Mozilla:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    (the corresponding en-GB page doesn't -yet- exist)

    or any other page which suits your tastes.

    Best regards,
    Tony.

  4. Re: Cannot connect

    Iain Alexander wrote:
    > I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    > (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    > I get the msg "Cannot find the server"
    >
    > Please, anyone, any ideas?

    you may see this article :
    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#Error_loading_some_websites"

  5. Re: Cannot connect

    Iain Alexander wrote:
    > I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    > (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    > I get the msg "Cannot find the server"
    >
    > Please, anyone, any ideas?

    close the program, open your firewall, find the FF entry and remove it.
    Now restart FF. Can you connect now?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  6. Re: Cannot connect

    Nir wrote:
    > Iain Alexander wrote:
    >> I have recently upgraded to firefox2, since when the Mozilla home page
    >> (http://en-gb.start.mozilla.com) will not load.
    >> I get the msg "Cannot find the server"
    >>
    >> Please, anyone, any ideas?

    > you may see this article :
    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#Error_loading_some_websites"

    If FF cannot connect to the internet, how can they view that site? ;-)

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  7. Re: Cannot connect

    _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly on 21/01/2007 1:53 PM:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#Error_loading_some_websites"

    > If FF cannot connect to the internet, how can they view that site? ;-)

    Internet Explorer.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator