Can't seem to download Adblock or Adblock Plus - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't seem to download Adblock or Adblock Plus - Mozilla ; Help! Every time I try to download AdBlock, the download fails either with error code 228, or I am told that the file is possibly corrupted. Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, how is it remedied? Thanks ...

  1. Can't seem to download Adblock or Adblock Plus

    Help!

    Every time I try to download AdBlock, the download fails either with
    error code 228, or I am told that the file is possibly corrupted.

    Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, how is it remedied?

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,

    DWNW

  2. Re: Can't seem to download Adblock or Adblock Plus

    Dr. Whett N. Wylde wrote:
    > Help!
    >
    > Every time I try to download AdBlock, the download fails either with
    > error code 228, or I am told that the file is possibly corrupted.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, how is it
    > remedied?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > DWNW

    download that file by right click on download link > save link as
    close FF
    start FF in safe mode ( start > programs > firefox[safe mode] )
    goto File>Open File>Select that downloaded .xpi file

  3. Re: Can't seem to download Adblock or Adblock Plus

    "Dr. Whett N. Wylde"
    > Every time I try to download AdBlock, the download fails either with
    > error code 228, or I am told that the file is possibly corrupted.

    Thank you for using a descriptive subject, see MozillaZine article
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...ions_-_Firefox

    -
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

+ Reply to Thread