FF Icon in windows task bar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF Icon in windows task bar - Mozilla ; Just did a new FF install on my son's machine and the FF entry on the Windows taskbar has multiple open window entries in one instance of FF the FF icon. On my machine I've somehow set this to have ...

  1. FF Icon in windows task bar

    Just did a new FF install on my son's machine and the FF entry on the
    Windows taskbar has multiple open window entries in one instance of FF
    the FF icon.

    On my machine I've somehow set this to have one instance for each open
    window, but I can't find it in tools, in my user prefs using about
    config, nor Google.

    Can someone please refresh my memory on how to change this behavior and
    to get multiple FF entries on the taskbar.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: FF Icon in windows task bar

    On 1/19/2007 4:46 PM, Arn B wrote:
    > Just did a new FF install on my son's machine and the FF entry on the
    > Windows taskbar has multiple open window entries in one instance of FF
    > the FF icon.
    >
    > On my machine I've somehow set this to have one instance for each open
    > window, but I can't find it in tools, in my user prefs using about
    > config, nor Google.
    >
    > Can someone please refresh my memory on how to change this behavior and
    > to get multiple FF entries on the taskbar.
    >
    > Thank you.

    It is a Windows Option, not Firefox. Right-Click on any blank area of taskbar
    (The little space between Start button and first app button will work if taskbar
    is full). Select "Properties" and check or un-check "Group similar taskbar
    buttons". If you have TweakUI installed, it provides even more options.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

  3. Re: FF Icon in windows task bar

    On or about 1/20/2007 8:08 PM, it came to pass that G. R. Woodring wrote:
    > On 1/19/2007 4:46 PM, Arn B wrote:
    >> Just did a new FF install on my son's machine and the FF entry on the
    >> Windows taskbar has multiple open window entries in one instance of FF
    >> the FF icon.
    >>
    >> On my machine I've somehow set this to have one instance for each open
    >> window, but I can't find it in tools, in my user prefs using about
    >> config, nor Google.
    >>
    >> Can someone please refresh my memory on how to change this behavior and
    >> to get multiple FF entries on the taskbar.
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > It is a Windows Option, not Firefox. Right-Click on any blank area of
    > taskbar (The little space between Start button and first app button will
    > work if taskbar is full). Select "Properties" and check or un-check
    > "Group similar taskbar buttons". If you have TweakUI installed, it
    > provides even more options.

    Thank you, that fixed it!

+ Reply to Thread