firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it - Mozilla ; firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?...;param3=value3 , sometimes everything is OK. But sometimes it asks me to download index.php. I save index.php, its size is zero. I guess that firefox asks me to save the ...

  1. firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    firefox 2.01 on fedora core6.
    When navigating some pages like
    http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?...;param3=value3,
    sometimes everything is OK.
    But sometimes it asks me to download index.php.
    I save index.php, its size is zero.
    I guess that firefox asks me to save the page only when the server
    takes too long to response.
    How can I fix this ?
    I don't want the download file dialog to appear.

  2. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Frank Potter wrote:
    > firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like
    > http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?...;param3=value3,
    > sometimes everything is OK. But sometimes it asks me to download
    > index.php. I save index.php, its size is zero. I guess that firefox
    > asks me to save the page only when the server takes too long to
    > response. How can I fix this ? I don't want the download file dialog
    > to appear.

    "If you are trying to view a file from a site and instead it prompts for
    a download location, it's most likely the result of a misconfigured
    server" : [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Page_downl...d_of_displays]

  3. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Nope. It's not that way.
    The page is OK, and firefox can navigate it normally, but sometimes
    firefox will do the stupid thing.

    Nir wrote:
    > Frank Potter wrote:
    > > firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like
    > > http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?...;param3=value3,
    > > sometimes everything is OK. But sometimes it asks me to download
    > > index.php. I save index.php, its size is zero. I guess that firefox
    > > asks me to save the page only when the server takes too long to
    > > response. How can I fix this ? I don't want the download file dialog
    > > to appear.
    > >

    > "If you are trying to view a file from a site and instead it prompts for
    > a download location, it's most likely the result of a misconfigured
    > server" : [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Page_downl...d_of_displays]

  4. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Frank Potter wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Frank Potter wrote:
    >>> firefox 2.01 on fedora core6. When navigating some pages like
    >>> http://www.samplehost.com/index.php?...;param3=value3,
    >>> sometimes everything is OK. But sometimes it asks me to download
    >>> index.php. I save index.php, its size is zero. I guess that
    >>> firefox asks me to save the page only when the server takes too
    >>> long to response. How can I fix this ? I don't want the download
    >>> file dialog to appear.
    >>>

    >> "If you are trying to view a file from a site and instead it
    >> prompts for a download location, it's most likely the result of a
    >> misconfigured server" :
    >> [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Page_downl...d_of_displays]

    > Nope. It's not that way. The page is OK, and firefox can navigate it
    > normally, but sometimes firefox will do the stupid thing.

    Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks

    when you will get that problem again , check what "Content-Type" server
    is sending using "http://web-sniffer.net/"
    if its 'application/octet-stream' then Server is mis-configured .

  5. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Nir wrote:
    > Frank Potter wrote:
    > > Nir wrote:
    > >>>
    > >> "If you are trying to view a file from a site and instead it
    > >> prompts for a download location, it's most likely the result of a
    > >> misconfigured server" :
    > >> [http://kb.mozillazine.org/Page_downl...d_of_displays]

    > > Nope. It's not that way. The page is OK, and firefox can navigate it
    > > normally, but sometimes firefox will do the stupid thing.
    > >

    > Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks
    >
    > when you will get that problem again , check what "Content-Type" server
    > is sending using "http://web-sniffer.net/"
    > if its 'application/octet-stream' then Server is mis-configured .

    Thank you~

    I know about the "Content-Type" thing.
    I tried and I met across this problem again.
    the content-type is "text/html; charset=UTF-8", so it's definitely
    right.
    If the Content-Type is not right, firefox will always do the right
    thing, that's to show the download dialog. But my problem is, sometimes
    it does, and sometimes it does not.
    I think this is a bug of firefox.
    I don't know if somebody already posted the same question here, but a
    friend of mine told me he once met the same question.

  6. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Frank Potter wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Frank Potter wrote:

    >>> Nope. It's not that way. The page is OK, and firefox can navigate
    >>> it normally, but sometimes firefox will do the stupid thing.
    >>>

    >> Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks
    >>
    >> when you will get that problem again , check what "Content-Type"
    >> server is sending using "http://web-sniffer.net/" if its
    >> 'application/octet-stream' then Server is mis-configured .

    > Thank you~
    >
    > I know about the "Content-Type" thing. I tried and I met across this
    > problem again. the content-type is "text/html; charset=UTF-8", so
    > it's definitely right. If the Content-Type is not right, firefox will
    > always do the right thing, that's to show the download dialog. But my
    > problem is, sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not. I think
    > this is a bug of firefox. I don't know if somebody already posted the
    > same question here, but a friend of mine told me he once met the same
    > question.

    Frank, ( if possible ) can you provide link of such site so that we also
    can check it. Thanks

  7. Re: firefox don't open index.php but ask me to download it

    Nir wrote:
    > Frank Potter wrote:
    > > Nir wrote:

    > >> Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks
    > >>
    > >> when you will get that problem again , check what "Content-Type"
    > >> server is sending using "http://web-sniffer.net/" if its
    > >> 'application/octet-stream' then Server is mis-configured .

    > > Thank you~
    > >
    > > I know about the "Content-Type" thing. I tried and I met across this
    > > problem again. the content-type is "text/html; charset=UTF-8", so
    > > it's definitely right. If the Content-Type is not right, firefox will
    > > always do the right thing, that's to show the download dialog. But my
    > > problem is, sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not. I think
    > > this is a bug of firefox. I don't know if somebody already posted the
    > > same question here, but a friend of mine told me he once met the same
    > > question.
    > >

    > Frank, ( if possible ) can you provide link of such site so that we also
    > can check it. Thanks

    Thank you very much.
    I met this error when I visited
    http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=49127