another bookmarks toolbar???????? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on another bookmarks toolbar???????? - Mozilla ; I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop favorite web pages. Is this possible...

  1. another bookmarks toolbar????????

    I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    favorite web pages. Is this possible

  2. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    argm4129 wrote:
    > I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    > favorite web pages. Is this possible

    yes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:

    /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  3. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Since I am not a computer guy...is there no add-ons or extensions I can
    download?

    On Jan 16, 4:39 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > argm4129 wrote:
    > > I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    > > favorite web pages. Is this possibleyes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:

    > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }
    >
    > --
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.ht...ton_Update=Sea...
    >
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  4. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    "argm4129" wrote in message news:1169003488.717051.305900@l53g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Since I am not a computer guy...is there no add-ons or extensions I can
    > download?
    >
    > On Jan 16, 4:39 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    > > argm4129 wrote:
    > > > I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    > > > favorite web pages. Is this possibleyes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:

    > > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    > > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }

    Hi Alan,
    I would suggest that you place folders and not individual
    bookmarks on the bookmarks toolbar. Right click on the
    personal toolbar, and create a folder, Drag your bookmark
    to it. Using Ctrl+D you can put a toolbar easily into the
    last folder you put a bookmark into using Ctrl+D.
    Experiment with the two dropdowns on the Ctrl+D dialog
    you should be able to work with that.

    You can bookmark all of the open tabs to a bookmark
    folder including your personal bookmarks folder and
    any folder within it. Right click on a Tab to see choice.

    You might take a look at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/bookmarks.htm

    In order to use the suggestion presented by Peter to
    create and add to a userChrome.css file in the Chrome
    directory of your profile see an introduction in
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
    also see
    http://www.supernova00.biz/userchrome.html
    for help in locating your profile directory, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ox.htm#profile

    If you would have a problem with the use of directories,
    notepad, and file extensions, it shouldn't be hard to
    find someone to help you with these things.

    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see

  5. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > "argm4129" wrote in message news:1169003488.717051.305900@l53g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Since I am not a computer guy...is there no add-ons or extensions I can
    >> download?
    >>
    >> On Jan 16, 4:39 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> wrote:
    >>> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }

    > Hi Alan,
    > I would suggest that you place folders and not individual
    > bookmarks on the bookmarks toolbar. Right click on the
    > personal toolbar, and create a folder, Drag your bookmark
    > to it. Using Ctrl+D you can put a toolbar easily into the
    > last folder you put a bookmark into using Ctrl+D.
    > Experiment with the two dropdowns on the Ctrl+D dialog
    > you should be able to work with that.
    >
    > You can bookmark all of the open tabs to a bookmark
    > folder including your personal bookmarks folder and
    > any folder within it. Right click on a Tab to see choice.
    >
    > You might take a look at
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/bookmarks.htm
    >
    > In order to use the suggestion presented by Peter to
    > create and add to a userChrome.css file in the Chrome
    > directory of your profile see an introduction in
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
    > also see
    > http://www.supernova00.biz/userchrome.html
    > for help in locating your profile directory, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ox.htm#profile
    >
    > If you would have a problem with the use of directories,
    > notepad, and file extensions, it shouldn't be hard to
    > find someone to help you with these things.

    actually, try installing the chromedit plus extension. This will allow
    you to edit the userchrome.css and usercontent.css and the user.js files
    without knowing where to find them or how to piss around with them:
    http://webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  6. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > argm4129 wrote:
    >> I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    >> favorite web pages. Is this possible
    >>

    > yes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:
    >
    > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }

    What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  7. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/05/multi-r...marks-toolbar/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  8. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    "Ed Mullen" ...
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > > argm4129 wrote:
    > >> I want to add another bookmarks toolbar in which I can drag and drop
    > >> favorite web pages. Is this possible
    > >>

    > > yes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:
    > >
    > > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    > > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }
    > >

    > What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.

    This is what was previously posted and works (somewhat)
    for me, actually I kind of glad it does not always works
    It will go into multiple bookmark rolls instead of going to the
    scroller -- on the personal bookmarks toolbar.
    But making the window size larger or smaller
    (no rhyme or reason to direction) it may swith between
    showing multiple bookmark rows or the bookmark scroller.

    /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important;}
    #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator-primary {display:inline !important;}

    --
    David McRitchie, most questions have been asked before.
    Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  9. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 17/01/2007 1:53 PM:

    http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rbirdenfra.png
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  10. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> yes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:
    >>>
    >>> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }
    >>>

    >> What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.
    >>

    > http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/05/multi-r...marks-toolbar/

    Thanks. Always good to have a description of what a hack will do along
    with the code! ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  11. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.
    >>>

    >> http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/05/multi-r...marks-toolbar/
    >>

    > Thanks. Always good to have a description of what a hack will do along
    > with the code! ;-)

    Just tried it, causes vertical "shaking" of FF instead of the intended
    result.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  12. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" ...
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> yes! Create a userChrome.css file and put this in it:
    >>>
    >>> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }
    >>>

    >> What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.

    > This is what was previously posted and works (somewhat)
    > for me, actually I kind of glad it does not always works
    > It will go into multiple bookmark rolls instead of going to the
    > scroller -- on the personal bookmarks toolbar.
    > But making the window size larger or smaller
    > (no rhyme or reason to direction) it may swith between
    > showing multiple bookmark rows or the bookmark scroller.
    >
    > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important;}
    > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator-primary {display:inline !important;}

    Ok, that's even worse: it stacks the bookmarks vertically!

    http://edmullen.net/temp/bm1.jpg

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    Avoid unnecessary, unessential and needless repetition and redundancy.

  13. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 17/01/2007 1:53 PM:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>
    >>> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
    >>> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator { display:inline }

    >> What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.

    > http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rbirdenfra.png

    Thanks, Chris. That's what I thought should happen. Neither one of the
    code examples works here. Could be an extension. If I get time to test
    it in Safe Mode I will.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  14. Re: another bookmarks toolbar????????

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly on 17/01/2007 1:53 PM:

    >>> What is that supposed to do? I can't see any difference in FF 2.

    >> http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rbirdenfra.png
    >>

    > Thanks, Chris. That's what I thought should happen. Neither one of the
    > code examples works here. Could be an extension. If I get time to test
    > it in Safe Mode I will.

    I'd try it in another profile first.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Pe...amus_Show.html
    http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=2778

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread