Rich Text editor stopped working - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Rich Text editor stopped working - Mozilla ; Hi, Suddenly the Cute Editor has stopped working. Its text field reads like the rest of the html page. Hitting keys while in the field initiates the search in page function. I've rebooted, to no avail. Here's an example page: ...

  1. Rich Text editor stopped working

    Hi,

    Suddenly the Cute Editor has stopped working. Its text field
    reads like the rest of the html page. Hitting keys while in the
    field initiates the search in page function. I've rebooted, to no
    avail.

    Here's an example page:
    http://www1.investorvillage.com/post...&mb=6463&ct=11

    I have used rich text on another site, but I don't think it was
    calling the Cute editor.

    Thanks,
    p.

    --
    Using FF 2.0.0.1 on Win XP sp2

  2. Re: Rich Text editor stopped working

    Hi Paul, registration is required for the site you provided.

  3. Re: Rich Text editor stopped working

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:47:42 -0500, David McRitchie wrote:

    > Hi Paul, registration is required for the site you provided.

    I know. I don't know where else to point people. The webmaster
    says he is able to use FF 2.0.0.1 fine, and I've heard no one
    else complain - and I know there are plenty of FF ppl there, so I
    assume the problem is on my end, and wonder if anyone here has
    FF-related insight into what might be going on.

    p.
    --
    Using FF 2.0.0.1 on Win XP sp2

  4. Re: Rich Text editor stopped working

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:51:14 -0500, Paul_B wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:47:42 -0500, David McRitchie wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Paul, registration is required for the site you provided.

    > I know. I don't know where else to point people. The webmaster
    > says he is able to use FF 2.0.0.1 fine, and I've heard no one
    > else complain - and I know there are plenty of FF ppl there, so I
    > assume the problem is on my end, and wonder if anyone here has
    > FF-related insight into what might be going on.
    >
    > p.

    Well, I just tried to post reflexively, and it actually worked;
    first time in two days. No idea what changed. This has happened
    before fleetingly, so this probably won't be the last time.

    p.
    --
    Using FF 2.0.0.1 on Win XP sp2

  5. Re: Rich Text editor stopped working

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:43:31 -0500, Paul_B wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:51:14 -0500, Paul_B wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:47:42 -0500, David McRitchie wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Paul, registration is required for the site you provided.

    >> I know. I don't know where else to point people. The webmaster
    >> says he is able to use FF 2.0.0.1 fine, and I've heard no one
    >> else complain - and I know there are plenty of FF ppl there, so I
    >> assume the problem is on my end, and wonder if anyone here has
    >> FF-related insight into what might be going on.
    >>
    >> p.

    > Well, I just tried to post reflexively, and it actually worked;
    > first time in two days. No idea what changed. This has happened
    > before fleetingly, so this probably won't be the last time.
    >
    > p.

    Back to not working this morning. Guess I'll have to watch to see
    what might trigger it.

    p.
    --
    Using FF 2.0.0.1 on Win XP sp2

  6. Re: Rich Text editor stopped working (very strange profile behavior)

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:21:26 -0500, Paul_B wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Suddenly the Cute Editor has stopped working. Its text field
    > reads like the rest of the html page. Hitting keys while in the
    > field initiates the search in page function. I've rebooted, to no
    > avail.
    >
    > Here's an example page:
    > http://www1.investorvillage.com/post...&mb=6463&ct=11
    >
    > I have used rich text on another site, but I don't think it was
    > calling the Cute editor.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > p.

    Found the problem. It was the extension MR Tech Long Link Wrapper
    Lite. As soon as I disabled it the problem resolved.

    *Strange thing was, running FF under a clean profile (no
    extensions at all) did not solve the problem. Seems terribly
    illogical.*

    IAC, I'm back posting. Ironically, I had installed MR to solve a
    problem I have on IV - long links cause the text box to expand
    beyond the displayed page width.

    p.
    --
    Using FF 2.0.0.1 on Win XP sp2