AP video is failing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on AP video is failing - Mozilla ; http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70 Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I ...

  1. AP video is failing

    http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70

    Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the
    video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway
    down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I am using
    1.5.0.9.

    Chronic problem?

  2. Re: AP video is failing

    Bob wrote:
    > http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70
    >
    > Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the
    > video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway
    > down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I am using
    > 1.5.0.9.
    >
    > Chronic problem?

    Note: Working fine on IE 6.

  3. Re: AP video is failing

    "Bob" wrote in message
    news:ms6dnaHQtNGuFgrYnZ2dnUVZ_veinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70
    >
    > Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the
    > video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway down
    > page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I am using
    > 1.5.0.9.
    >
    > Chronic problem?

    Just tried it using FF 2.0.0.1........ works ok

  4. Re: AP video is failing

    On 31.12.2006 11:04, Bob wrote:
    > http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70
    >
    > Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the
    > video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway
    > down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I am using
    > 1.5.0.9.
    >
    > Chronic problem?

    YOUR problem, I think. Works OK here on FF 2.0.0.1 and Win XP Pro.
    --
    Arne

  5. Re: AP video is failing

    Arne Hamre wrote:
    > On 31.12.2006 11:04, Bob wrote:
    >> http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70
    >>
    >> Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then the
    >> video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is partway
    >> down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too. I am
    >> using 1.5.0.9.
    >>
    >> Chronic problem?

    > YOUR problem, I think. Works OK here on FF 2.0.0.1 and Win XP Pro.

    No, failing on 1.5.0.9 but working here on FF 2.0.0.1 also.

  6. Re: AP video is failing

    Bob wrote:
    > Arne Hamre wrote:
    >> On 31.12.2006 11:04, Bob wrote:
    >>> http://p229.news.mud.yahoo.com/s/ap/...i_ea/saddam_70
    >>>
    >>> Via some sort of Yahoo "Cosmo" video player. The ad shows but then
    >>> the video itself about Saddam's execution fails to show. Video is
    >>> partway down page on left. It's failing in the same way on Opera too.
    >>> I am using 1.5.0.9.
    >>>
    >>> Chronic problem?

    >> YOUR problem, I think. Works OK here on FF 2.0.0.1 and Win XP Pro.

    > No, failing on 1.5.0.9 but working here on FF 2.0.0.1 also.

    are both, FF-1.5 and FF-2.0 sharing same profile ? if not , create a
    test profile for FF-1.5.0.9 :
    start > run , type "path-to-firefox-1.5.0.9-program-folder\firefox.exe" -P
    and test with it. same problem ?

  7. Re: AP video is failing

    Nir wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >> Arne Hamre wrote:

    >>> YOUR problem, I think. Works OK here on FF 2.0.0.1 and Win XP Pro.

    >> No, failing on 1.5.0.9 but working here on FF 2.0.0.1 also.

    > are both, FF-1.5 and FF-2.0 sharing same profile ?

    No.

    if not , create a
    > test profile for FF-1.5.0.9 :
    > start > run , type "path-to-firefox-1.5.0.9-program-folder\firefox.exe" -P
    > and test with it. same problem ?

    Ok, will try. Sounds fun.

+ Reply to Thread