Link separated and dispayed in four tabs. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Link separated and dispayed in four tabs. - Mozilla ; The following link behaved oddly for me: http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/ It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens another tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the link itself? Graham...

  1. Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    The following link behaved oddly for me:
    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/

    It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens another
    tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the link itself?

    Graham

  2. Re: Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    Graham P Davis wrote:

    > The following link behaved oddly for me:

    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/

    > It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens
    > another tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the link
    > itself?

    Just checked the link on Epiphany and it displayed OK.

    Forgot to say I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2pre, Epiphany 2.16.1, on OpenSUSE
    Linux 10.2.

    Cheers,

    Graham

  3. Re: Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    Graham P Davis wrote:
    > Graham P Davis wrote:
    >
    >> The following link behaved oddly for me:
    >>

    > http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/
    >> It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens
    >> another tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the link
    >> itself?
    >>

    > Just checked the link on Epiphany and it displayed OK.
    >
    > Forgot to say I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2pre, Epiphany 2.16.1, on OpenSUSE
    > Linux 10.2.

    I'm not on my Linux box right now, but the link works fine on FF
    2.0.0.1, WinXP Home SP2.

    I'll try to remember later to check on my Linux box, although that one
    is running FF 1.5.0.9 on Fedora Core 6.

    I may get around to installing 2.0.0.1 soon, I hope. :-)

    --
    Alex K.

  4. Re: Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    Graham P Davis wrote:
    > Graham P Davis wrote:
    >
    >> The following link behaved oddly for me:
    >>

    > http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/
    >> It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens
    >> another tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the link
    >> itself?
    >>

    > Just checked the link on Epiphany and it displayed OK.
    >
    > Forgot to say I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2pre, Epiphany 2.16.1, on OpenSUSE
    > Linux 10.2.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Graham

    No problem here ( FF 2.0.0.1 , Fedora core5 )
    can you reproduce this problem with a test profile

    cd "path to firefox program folder"
    './firefox' -P

  5. Re: Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    Alex K. wrote:

    > Graham P Davis wrote:
    >> Graham P Davis wrote:
    >>
    >>> The following link behaved oddly for me:

    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/
    >>> It appears that "%20" triggers a break in the link and Firefox opens
    >>> another tab. Is this behaviour to be expected? Is the fault with the
    >>> link itself?
    >>>

    >> Just checked the link on Epiphany and it displayed OK.
    >>
    >> Forgot to say I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2pre, Epiphany 2.16.1, on OpenSUSE
    >> Linux 10.2.

    > I'm not on my Linux box right now, but the link works fine on FF
    > 2.0.0.1, WinXP Home SP2.
    >
    > I'll try to remember later to check on my Linux box, although that one
    > is running FF 1.5.0.9 on Fedora Core 6.
    >
    > I may get around to installing 2.0.0.1 soon, I hope. :-)

    2.0.0.1 also worked OK for me on XP - once it booted without freezing - and
    2.0.0.2pre gave the same trouble on another box running SUSE 10.2. I might
    try installing another flavour of Linux somewhere to see what turns up.

    Graham

  6. Re: Link separated and dispayed in four tabs.

    Graham P Davis wrote:

    > Alex K. wrote:
    >
    >> Graham P Davis wrote:

    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/foreca...!2006122900!!/

    >>> Just checked the link on Epiphany and it displayed OK.
    >>>
    >>> Forgot to say I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2pre, Epiphany 2.16.1, on OpenSUSE
    >>> Linux 10.2.

    >> I'm not on my Linux box right now, but the link works fine on FF
    >> 2.0.0.1, WinXP Home SP2.
    >>
    >> I'll try to remember later to check on my Linux box, although that one
    >> is running FF 1.5.0.9 on Fedora Core 6.
    >>
    >> I may get around to installing 2.0.0.1 soon, I hope. :-)
    >>

    > 2.0.0.1 also worked OK for me on XP - once it booted without freezing -
    > and 2.0.0.2pre gave the same trouble on another box running SUSE 10.2. I
    > might try installing another flavour of Linux somewhere to see what turns
    > up.

    I've also reported this problem to OpenSUSE and they've acknowledged the
    problem and pointed me to a version with the bug-fix which uses Firefox
    2.0.0.1.

    Thanks,

    Graham

+ Reply to Thread