Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads??? - Mozilla ; My page loading using firefox 2 have slowed to a crawl, and I suspect it's being caused by Roboform. I suspect this because i opened FF in safe mode and disabled all my extensions, then opened FF up as I ...

  1. Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    My page loading using firefox 2 have slowed to a crawl, and I suspect
    it's being caused by Roboform. I suspect this because i opened FF in
    safe mode and disabled all my extensions, then opened FF up as I
    normally would ... and the page loads were speedy quick. So, I figure
    the culprit is one of the extensions. So, I reinstate them one at a
    time, testing each one to see if it's the thing causing the slowdowns.
    Got no results until I reinstated Roboform ... and then bingo bango
    back to slow as molases. I uninstalled it, got speed, reinstalled it,
    got slow.

    Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any thoughts about what
    to do? thanks!

  2. Re: Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    floatee@gmail.com wrote:
    > My page loading using firefox 2 have slowed to a crawl, and I suspect
    > it's being caused by Roboform. I suspect this because i opened FF in
    > safe mode and disabled all my extensions, then opened FF up as I
    > normally would ... and the page loads were speedy quick. So, I figure
    > the culprit is one of the extensions. So, I reinstate them one at a
    > time, testing each one to see if it's the thing causing the slowdowns.
    > Got no results until I reinstated Roboform ... and then bingo bango
    > back to slow as molases. I uninstalled it, got speed, reinstalled it,
    > got slow.
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any thoughts about what
    > to do? thanks!

    Much depends on your cpu speed. Any extension that functions while a
    page is loaded (as Roboform must), will slow things somewhat. If you
    just disable Roboform, you should be able to decide if it is causing the
    slowdown or not, and make your choice about using, or not using, it.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    floatee@gmail.com wrote:
    > My page loading using firefox 2 have slowed to a crawl, and I suspect
    > it's being caused by Roboform. I suspect this because i opened FF in
    > safe mode and disabled all my extensions, then opened FF up as I
    > normally would ... and the page loads were speedy quick. So, I figure
    > the culprit is one of the extensions. So, I reinstate them one at a
    > time, testing each one to see if it's the thing causing the slowdowns.
    > Got no results until I reinstated Roboform ... and then bingo bango
    > back to slow as molases. I uninstalled it, got speed, reinstalled it,
    > got slow.
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any thoughts about what
    > to do? thanks!

    Take a look at the settings you have in RoboForm's options menu,
    particularly in "auto fill". If you have any of the options which don't
    require the program to ask you first then it might be causing your
    slow-down as it fills forms on the fly.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  4. Re: Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    SteveG wrote:
    > floatee@gmail.com wrote:
    >> My page loading using firefox 2 have slowed to a crawl, and I suspect
    >> it's being caused by Roboform. I suspect this because i opened FF in
    >> safe mode and disabled all my extensions, then opened FF up as I
    >> normally would ... and the page loads were speedy quick. So, I figure
    >> the culprit is one of the extensions. So, I reinstate them one at a
    >> time, testing each one to see if it's the thing causing the slowdowns.
    >> Got no results until I reinstated Roboform ... and then bingo bango
    >> back to slow as molases. I uninstalled it, got speed, reinstalled it,
    >> got slow.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any thoughts about what
    >> to do? thanks!
    >>

    > Take a look at the settings you have in RoboForm's options menu,
    > particularly in "auto fill". If you have any of the options which don't
    > require the program to ask you first then it might be causing your
    > slow-down as it fills forms on the fly.
    >
    > HTH

    I experience no such difficulty and nothing is set to auto fill. Also I
    have probably far too many extensions, which I'm sure slows down the
    opening of FF 2 and 2.0.0.1, but no difficulty once it is up.
    Miles

  5. Re: Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    a few clarifications:

    1/ the slowing is with the loading of individual pages, not with the
    2/ i've already done the process of elimination thing and it's
    definitely Roboform that's causing the problem.

    I went & checked my Roboform settings and all looks well. Thing of
    it is, I've been using Rf for about 5 months without a problem (and
    without changing any settings), while this slowing thing has been doing
    on for only about 2 weeks.

    An additional piece of info: when the page loads now, it's coming up,
    then looking like it's refreshing itself two or three times before the

    thanks.

  6. Re: Roboform slowing down Firefox page loads???

    one more thing: Roboform operates normally -- ie it does not slow down
    page loads -- in Internet Explorer. Huh.

    floatee@gmail.com wrote:
    > a few clarifications:
    >
    > 1/ the slowing is with the loading of individual pages, not with the
    > 2/ i've already done the process of elimination thing and it's
    > definitely Roboform that's causing the problem.
    >
    > I went & checked my Roboform settings and all looks well. Thing of
    > it is, I've been using Rf for about 5 months without a problem (and
    > without changing any settings), while this slowing thing has been doing
    > on for only about 2 weeks.
    >
    > An additional piece of info: when the page loads now, it's coming up,
    > then looking like it's refreshing itself two or three times before the
    >
    > thanks.

+ Reply to Thread