Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page - Mozilla ; I have swotched to firefox from IE9.0. I am not hearing the music that used to play on some sites behind the seans but on other I am hearing it. I have added all the music add on's and still ...

  1. Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page

    I have swotched to firefox from IE9.0. I am not hearing the music that used
    to play on some sites behind the seans but on other I am hearing it. I have
    added all the music add on's and still am not getting sounds, even on the
    pages I write my sounds do not work, I still have to go back to IE for
    testing my pages. Can anyone help me on this problem

  2. Re: Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page

    "dru" wrote ...
    > I have swotched [switched] to firefox from IE9.0. I am not hearing the music that used
    > to play on some sites behind the seans [scene] but on other[s] I am hearing it. I have
    > added all the music add on's and still am not getting sounds, even on the
    > pages I write my sounds do not work, I still have to go back to IE for
    > testing my pages. Can anyone help me on this problem

    Can anyone tell us what URL you are having a problem with.
    It might also be be useful to actually indicate how you know
    you got all the music addons.

  3. Re: Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page

    On 12/5/2006 9:28 PM dru ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > I have swotched to firefox from IE9.0. I am not hearing the music that used
    > to play on some sites behind the seans but on other I am hearing it. I have
    > added all the music add on's and still am not getting sounds, even on the
    > pages I write my sounds do not work, I still have to go back to IE for
    > testing my pages. Can anyone help me on this problem

    It would be a big help if yo could post a URL or two where this is
    happening (not happening?) so we can test, but my first thought is that
    the sites that you are not hearing sound on are coded with the
    tag, which is proprietary to IE and its derivatives. Standards
    compliant browsers, such as Firefox, do not recognize this tag, although
    there is an extension for it.

    --
    Jim

    "Do not accustom yourself to use big words for little matters."
    -Samuel Johnson

  4. Re: Browser does not play wav's or mp3 on page

    On 06/12/2006 03:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused dru to
    generate the following:? :
    > I have swotched to firefox from IE9.0. I am not hearing the music that used
    > to play on some sites behind the seans but on other I am hearing it. I have
    > added all the music add on's and still am not getting sounds, even on the
    > pages I write my sounds do not work, I still have to go back to IE for
    > testing my pages. Can anyone help me on this problem

    probably the usual "IE-Programmer" mistake of inserting that IE specific
    tag, instead of the standards Embed

    reg

+ Reply to Thread