import bookmarks does not take place? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on import bookmarks does not take place? - Mozilla ; I have shifted to another place and I exported my bookmarks to a file along with. This file is an htm file. I am using some ones computer here.I tried to import the book marks into the FireFox. That did ...

  1. import bookmarks does not take place?

    I have shifted to another place and I exported my bookmarks to a file
    along with. This file is an htm file. I am using some ones computer
    here.I tried to import the book marks into the FireFox. That did not
    materialize. What could be the reason?
    When I double click on the bookmarks file that I have kept at the
    desktop now it opens into the bookmarks that I have stored from the
    place I have migrated jolly well.
    Any suggestions please?
    Thanks in advance.
    dkb

  2. Re: import bookmarks does not take place?

    dkb wrote:
    > I have shifted to another place and I exported my bookmarks to a file
    > along with. This file is an htm file. I am using some ones computer
    > here.I tried to import the book marks into the FireFox. That did not
    > materialize. What could be the reason? When I double click on the
    > bookmarks file that I have kept at the desktop now it opens into the
    > bookmarks that I have stored from the place I have migrated jolly
    > well. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance. dkb

    Hi,

    Can only suggest that you check the following to see if you did
    something different:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks

    Double clicking on you bookmarks htm file will just open it in your
    browsers as a normal web page.

    May also help to supply FF version and operating system you use?

    Ian

  3. Re: import bookmarks does not take place?

    Ian wrote:
    > dkb wrote:
    >> I have shifted to another place and I exported my bookmarks to a file
    >> along with. This file is an htm file. I am using some ones computer
    >> here.I tried to import the book marks into the FireFox. That did not
    >> materialize. What could be the reason? When I double click on the
    >> bookmarks file that I have kept at the desktop now it opens into the
    >> bookmarks that I have stored from the place I have migrated jolly
    >> well. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance. dkb

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can only suggest that you check the following to see if you did
    > something different:
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks
    >
    > Double clicking on you bookmarks htm file will just open it in your
    > browsers as a normal web page.
    >
    > May also help to supply FF version and operating system you use?
    >
    > Ian

    Hi,
    I am doing the same thing but with no luck. My FF version is 1.5.0.8 and
    have winxp Pro.
    dkb

+ Reply to Thread