Firefox can't establish a connection to the server... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox can't establish a connection to the server... - Mozilla ; HI, Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server..." no matter what the server is. I'm so disappointed b/c I prefer Firefox. What could possibly be the problem? FYI: ...

  1. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server...

    HI,

    Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says
    "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server..." no matter what
    the server is.

    I'm so disappointed b/c I prefer Firefox. What could possibly be the
    problem?

    FYI: I'm running Windows XP Home and accessing the internet via Linksys
    wireless via a cable modem.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server...

    On 11/29/2006 7:41 PM, Jarbacky wrote:
    > HI,
    >
    > Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says
    > "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server..." no matter what
    > the server is.
    >
    > I'm so disappointed b/c I prefer Firefox. What could possibly be the
    > problem?
    >
    > FYI: I'm running Windows XP Home and accessing the internet via Linksys
    > wireless via a cable modem.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Make sure your firewall is set to allow *the current version* of FF to
    access the net.

    --
    Irwin

    Requests for help sent to my email address will be ignored

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  3. Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server...

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 11/29/2006 7:41 PM, Jarbacky wrote:
    >> HI,
    >>
    >> Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says
    >> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server..." no matter what
    >> the server is.
    >>
    >> I'm so disappointed b/c I prefer Firefox. What could possibly be the
    >> problem?
    >>
    >> FYI: I'm running Windows XP Home and accessing the internet via Linksys
    >> wireless via a cable modem.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    > Make sure your firewall is set to allow *the current version* of FF to
    > access the net.

    For more information:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls

    Lee