cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla ; Hi all, I've recently upgraded to Firefox 2.0. I used Sage in my old version of Firefox for reading RSS feeds. Now since I've upgraded I'm not able to access my feeds (the top lefthand pane) when I toggle Sage ...

  1. cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0

    Hi all,

    I've recently upgraded to Firefox 2.0. I used Sage in my old version of
    Firefox for reading RSS feeds. Now since I've upgraded I'm not able to
    access my feeds (the top lefthand pane) when I toggle Sage on. I can
    open Sage , but my feeds have all disappeared and I'm not able to add
    any new ones. I can't drag RSS feed onto the pane and when I search for
    RSS feed in a web page using the magnify class it finds them but when I
    click 'add feed' nothing happens!!

    Has anyone got any idea how to fix it. I've scanned the Sage and
    Mozilla docs to no avail. I've tried uninstalling Mozilla, reinstalling
    the old version, removing sage add-on and various other combinations.

    Any ideas, is it me or is it a bug with Sage?

  2. Re: cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0

    "Stagg"
    >upgraded to Firefox 2.0. I used Sage in my old version of
    > Firefox for reading RSS feeds. Now since I've upgraded I'm not able to
    > access my feeds (the top lefthand pane) when I toggle Sage on. I can
    > open Sage , but my feeds have all disappeared and I'm not able to add
    > any new ones. I can't drag RSS feed onto the pane and when I search for
    > RSS feed in a web page using the magnify class it finds them but when I
    > click 'add feed' nothing happens!!
    >
    > Has anyone got any idea how to fix it. I've scanned the Sage and
    > Mozilla docs to no avail. I've tried uninstalling Mozilla, reinstalling
    > the old version, removing sage add-on and various other combinations.
    >
    > Any ideas, is it me or is it a bug with Sage?

    You will find bug reports for this, if it is what I think it is.
    You have lost the ability to use Alt+S due to the "s" in the History
    menu that replace the Go menu. Alt+ are more less reserved
    for menus, it is very risky to try to use them for something else.
    If you install the "Menu Editor" extension you can hide, suppress
    or remove the History menu which will allow you to use Alt+S again
    for Sage. The who Go or History menu is a big waste anyway because
    Ctrl+H is what most people would use anyway to get to the real list.
    http://menueditor.mozdev.org/
    more information
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm#fx2
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...htm#menueditor
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/rightff.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...htm#menueditor
    --
    David McRitchie, Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  3. Re: cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0

    Stagg wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've recently upgraded to Firefox 2.0. I used Sage in my old version of
    > Firefox for reading RSS feeds. Now since I've upgraded I'm not able to
    > access my feeds (the top lefthand pane) when I toggle Sage on. I can
    > open Sage , but my feeds have all disappeared and I'm not able to add
    > any new ones. I can't drag RSS feed onto the pane and when I search for
    > RSS feed in a web page using the magnify class it finds them but when I
    > click 'add feed' nothing happens!!
    >
    > Has anyone got any idea how to fix it. I've scanned the Sage and
    > Mozilla docs to no avail. I've tried uninstalling Mozilla, reinstalling
    > the old version, removing sage add-on and various other combinations.
    >
    > Any ideas, is it me or is it a bug with Sage?

    If I remember correctly when I installed FF2.0, Sage forgot where the
    folder where its feeds were was, which gave similar problems to what
    you're describing (though I didn't try to add feeds). I had to go to
    Options | Settings in the Sage Extension and repoint the Feed folder to
    where it should be. I think there may have been another folder created
    in the bookmarks called 'Sage Feeds' (a second one). Repointing the
    folder sorted it for me. Hopefully that's all that your problem is.

    --
    Not 100% sure about this,
    Teester

  4. Re: cannot add feed to Sage in Firefox 2.0

    Thanks Teester, David,

    It's working now. I could bring up the window using Alt + S, or click
    the icon, although I note that if you're got a history window open then
    you can't open Sage.

    I'm not sure what happened but I did what you said Teester. I changed
    the Feed folder used in the options > settings sage menu and my feeds
    worked (I could see my existing ones and could add new ones). I seemed
    to have lost the point to the feed folder.

    Cheers guys.

    Stagg

    The problem was as Teester described. It was just where the
    Teester wrote:
    > Stagg wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I've recently upgraded to Firefox 2.0. I used Sage in my old version of
    > > Firefox for reading RSS feeds. Now since I've upgraded I'm not able to
    > > access my feeds (the top lefthand pane) when I toggle Sage on. I can
    > > open Sage , but my feeds have all disappeared and I'm not able to add
    > > any new ones. I can't drag RSS feed onto the pane and when I search for
    > > RSS feed in a web page using the magnify class it finds them but when I
    > > click 'add feed' nothing happens!!
    > >
    > > Has anyone got any idea how to fix it. I've scanned the Sage and
    > > Mozilla docs to no avail. I've tried uninstalling Mozilla, reinstalling
    > > the old version, removing sage add-on and various other combinations.
    > >
    > > Any ideas, is it me or is it a bug with Sage?
    > >

    > If I remember correctly when I installed FF2.0, Sage forgot where the
    > folder where its feeds were was, which gave similar problems to what
    > you're describing (though I didn't try to add feeds). I had to go to
    > Options | Settings in the Sage Extension and repoint the Feed folder to
    > where it should be. I think there may have been another folder created
    > in the bookmarks called 'Sage Feeds' (a second one). Repointing the
    > folder sorted it for me. Hopefully that's all that your problem is.
    >
    > --
    > Not 100% sure about this,
    > Teester

+ Reply to Thread