I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab - Mozilla ; How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality? Thanks, you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

  1. I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird
    can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be
    closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality?

    Thanks, you heard it hear first !


  2. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird
    > can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be
    > closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality?
    >
    > Thanks, you heard it hear first !
    >



    No problem. I'll have that to you by Christmas.

  3. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:

    > How about some genius merging these two apps.


    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/






    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    Which caused little rhythmic darts of red to pulsate gently in
    the morning sun.

  4. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    > news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:
    >
    >> How about some genius merging these two apps.

    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >


    I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina browser tab as
    the OP wants.

    Opera would be closest.

    Lee


    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird
    > can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be
    > closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality?
    >
    > Thanks, you heard it hear first !
    >


    Um its already been done, its called SeaMonkey

  6. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Leonidas Jones wrote in
    news:2tudnfZhzPNvZ9rYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org:

    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    >> news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:
    >>
    >>> How about some genius merging these two apps.

    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>

    >
    > I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina
    > browser tab as the OP wants.


    If he wants it in a browser tab, he doesn't want a mail client.
    Web pages go in browser tabs.


    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    The whole world's mad ...
    save thee and me ...
    and I'm not sure about thee ...
    or me ...

  7. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote in
    > news:2tudnfZhzPNvZ9rYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org:
    >
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>> "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    >>> news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:
    >>>
    >>>> How about some genius merging these two apps.
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>>

    >> I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina
    >> browser tab as the OP wants.

    >
    > If he wants it in a browser tab, he doesn't want a mail client.
    > Web pages go in browser tabs.
    >
    >


    I agree, but that's exactly what Opera does.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  8. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:40:02 -0500, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    >> news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:


    >>> How about some genius merging these two apps.

    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/


    > I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina browser tab as
    > the OP wants.


    The way security principals work for chrome windows inside tabbrowser
    tabs would need to be reworked before you can run the SM MailNews window
    inside a tab. Earliest would be Gecko 1.9 -> Firefox 3.0/SuiteRunner 1.5
    but this is not a priority for the mozilla.org devs so please don't hold
    your breath.

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org
    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
    oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
    [ ](A)bort (R)etry (G)et The Sledge Hammer
    * TagZilla 0.059

  9. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote in
    >> news:2tudnfZhzPNvZ9rYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org:
    >>> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>>> "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    >>>> news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:
    >>>>
    >>>>> How about some genius merging these two apps.
    >>>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>>>
    >>> I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina
    >>> browser tab as the OP wants.

    >>
    >> If he wants it in a browser tab, he doesn't want a mail client. Web
    >> pages go in browser tabs.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I agree, but that's exactly what Opera does.
    >
    > Lee
    >

    Opera is an integrated Browser/Mail/News application. However, if IE
    can be made to run in FF, perhaps TB could as well. Interesting idea.

  10. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>> Leonidas Jones wrote in
    >>> news:2tudnfZhzPNvZ9rYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org:
    >>>> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>>>> "bringmewater@gmail.com" wrote in
    >>>>> news:1162340368.506856.320020@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> How about some genius merging these two apps.
    >>>>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
    >>>>>
    >>>> I thought of that, but you can't display SM Mail/News ina
    >>>> browser tab as the OP wants.
    >>>
    >>> If he wants it in a browser tab, he doesn't want a mail client. Web
    >>> pages go in browser tabs.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> I agree, but that's exactly what Opera does.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Opera is an integrated Browser/Mail/News application. However, if IE
    > can be made to run in FF, perhaps TB could as well. Interesting idea.


    I was thinking more along the lines of using Opera mail client, which
    does display as a tab within the browser window, rather then in its own
    window, ala Seamonkey.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  11. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    >> How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird
    >> can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be
    >> closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality?
    >>
    >> Thanks, you heard it hear first !
    >>

    >
    > Um its already been done, its called SeaMonkey


    I want this, however its not Thunderbird in Firefox or Firefox in
    Thunderbird or a suite like SeaMonkey, its a separate shell program that
    appears to the user as a suite but keeping the two or more (Sunbird
    etc.) projects completely separate and attachable/detachable. Does this
    make any sense? Not being a programmer, I'm not sure.

    Not clear in thought, Zak Hipp.

  12. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Or if Thunderbird could collapse to the side like a sidebar that would
    be just as dandy.

    Thanks

    Zak Hipp wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > > bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> How about some genius merging these two apps. Make is to Thunderbird
    > >> can run in a tab of Firefox and make the tab lockable so it can't be
    > >> closed. Anyone know how to make this dream a reality?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks, you heard it hear first !
    > >>

    > >
    > > Um its already been done, its called SeaMonkey

    >
    > I want this, however its not Thunderbird in Firefox or Firefox in
    > Thunderbird or a suite like SeaMonkey, its a separate shell program that
    > appears to the user as a suite but keeping the two or more (Sunbird
    > etc.) projects completely separate and attachable/detachable. Does this
    > make any sense? Not being a programmer, I'm not sure.
    >
    > Not clear in thought, Zak Hipp.



  13. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    I installed Seamonkey and it's two separate windows. I already have
    that and don't like it. Throw Thunderbird into a sidebar. Better
    hurry too! Christmas is coming !

    Thanks if anyone can pull this off !!!


  14. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > I installed Seamonkey and it's two separate windows. I already have
    > that and don't like it. Throw Thunderbird into a sidebar. Better
    > hurry too! Christmas is coming !
    >
    > Thanks if anyone can pull this off !!!
    >


    Opera behaves the way you want it too. If this is really that important,
    try it.

    This thread really belongs in mozilla.wishlist, further discussion here
    in a support group is not really going anywhere.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  15. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    Without FF extensions, every other browser is archaic ! Go Firefox !!!
    Opera / IE7 nice try but not even close. Extensions RULE!


    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I installed Seamonkey and it's two separate windows. I already have
    > > that and don't like it. Throw Thunderbird into a sidebar. Better
    > > hurry too! Christmas is coming !
    > >
    > > Thanks if anyone can pull this off !!!
    > >

    >
    > Opera behaves the way you want it too. If this is really that important,
    > try it.
    >
    > This thread really belongs in mozilla.wishlist, further discussion here
    > in a support group is not really going anywhere.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > --
    > Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    > Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    > The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org



  16. Re: I want Thunderbird in a Firefox lockable Tab

    bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    > Without FF extensions, every other browser is archaic ! Go Firefox !!!
    > Opera / IE7 nice try but not even close. Extensions RULE!
    >
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> bringmewater@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> I installed Seamonkey and it's two separate windows. I already have
    >>> that and don't like it. Throw Thunderbird into a sidebar. Better
    >>> hurry too! Christmas is coming !
    >>>
    >>> Thanks if anyone can pull this off !!!
    >>>

    >> Opera behaves the way you want it too. If this is really that important,
    >> try it.
    >>
    >> This thread really belongs in mozilla.wishlist, further discussion here
    >> in a support group is not really going anywhere.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>



    Understood!

    People have been asking to have Mail open in a browser tab since Mozilla
    Suite 1.0. Its probably not going to happen any time soon.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread