firefox portable and trojan attacks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox portable and trojan attacks - Mozilla ; is it possible for a trojan to be installed surreptitiously while running firefox portable? using mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7, i like to visit warez sites and have noticed that trojans have been installed in my windows directory. so, as an alternative, ...

  1. firefox portable and trojan attacks

    is it possible for a trojan to be installed surreptitiously while
    running firefox portable? using mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7, i like to
    visit
    warez sites and have noticed that trojans have been installed in my
    windows directory. so,
    as an alternative, i want to use firefox portable.

    what's the answer?

  2. Re: firefox portable and trojan attacks

    On 10/16/2006 10:37 PM, aybee wrote:
    > is it possible for a trojan to be installed surreptitiously while
    > running firefox portable? using mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7, i like to
    > visit
    > warez sites and have noticed that trojans have been installed in my
    > windows directory. so,
    > as an alternative, i want to use firefox portable.
    >
    > what's the answer?

    Erm, do you mean that the trojans were installed through FX 1.5.0.7 ?

    That's scary.

    --
    paduille.4060.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  3. Re: firefox portable and trojan attacks

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 10/16/2006 10:37 PM, aybee wrote:
    >> is it possible for a trojan to be installed surreptitiously while
    >> running firefox portable? using mozilla firefox 1.5.0.7, i like to
    >> visit
    >> warez sites and have noticed that trojans have been installed in my
    >> windows directory. so,
    >> as an alternative, i want to use firefox portable.
    >> what's the answer?
    >>

    > Erm, do you mean that the trojans were installed through FX 1.5.0.7 ?
    >
    > That's scary.

    A trojan gets installed by downloading and running a file
    (or running an attachment in email)

    You can protect yourself completely by following these simple rules

    Do not download from the internet**
    If you have to download
    Download the file to your harddrive and quarantine it for a week
    Ask around on the net to see if there is a problem with the file
    Ask around on the net to see if there is a problem with the site
    After the week, update your Anti-virus* program, check the file
    Run/install the file

    **downloading includes running files from the net, such as exe or xpi

    * ensure your anti-virus is able to detect trojans/worms or use a
    program that does in addition to your AV

    Quite simple, totally effective.

+ Reply to Thread