Moving plugins - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Moving plugins - Mozilla ; Using the instructions here http://gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html I created a new plugins folder in the FF profile on D drive. Then cut/pasted the plugins (Flash & Shockwave +) from C\prgmfiles\mozilla\FF to the new folder on D. How can I be assured that ...

  1. Moving plugins

    Using the instructions here http://gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html
    I created a new plugins folder in the FF profile on D drive. Then
    cut/pasted the plugins (Flash & Shockwave +) from C\prgmfiles\mozilla\FF
    to the new folder on D.

    How can I be assured that these plugs are operating?
    Miles

  2. Re: Moving plugins

    gato2006chile wrote:
    > Miles escribió:
    >> Using the instructions here http://gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html
    >> I created a new plugins folder in the FF profile on D drive. Then
    >> cut/pasted the plugins (Flash & Shockwave +) from
    >> C\prgmfiles\mozilla\FF to the new folder on D.
    >>
    >> How can I be assured that these plugs are operating?
    >> Miles

    > The backup of the plugins is copy the directory plugins from the firefox
    > folder of installation to the directory of your choice.
    >
    > It only work for install new versions of Firefox,and then copy back the
    > plugins folder; if you copy to D, the only that you did is copy the
    > handler of the plugins.
    >
    > If you format C , you will be to install each plugins.
    > For example if you format and later restore the plugins you dont will
    > play any videos, any sound(exception wmp), any flash, etc.
    >
    > The only form to test is use the browser.

    Not certain I fully understand. Are you saying that if I create a
    plugins folder in the profile (on another drive) that it is necessary to
    reinstall the plugins?

  3. Re: Moving plugins

    Miles escribió:
    > Using the instructions here http://gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html
    > I created a new plugins folder in the FF profile on D drive. Then
    > cut/pasted the plugins (Flash & Shockwave +) from C\prgmfiles\mozilla\FF
    > to the new folder on D.
    >
    > How can I be assured that these plugs are operating?
    > Miles

    The backup of the plugins is copy the directory plugins from the firefox
    folder of installation to the directory of your choice.

    It only work for install new versions of Firefox,and then copy back the
    plugins folder; if you copy to D, the only that you did is copy the
    handler of the plugins.

    If you format C , you will be to install each plugins.
    For example if you format and later restore the plugins you dont will
    play any videos, any sound(exception wmp), any flash, etc.

    The only form to test is use the browser.

  4. Re: Moving plugins

    Miles wrote:
    > Using the instructions here http://gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html
    > I created a new plugins folder in the FF profile on D drive. Then
    > cut/pasted the plugins (Flash & Shockwave +) from C\prgmfiles\mozilla\FF
    > to the new folder on D.
    >
    > How can I be assured that these plugs are operating?
    > Miles

    To answer my own question, just noticed that the flash check mark was
    missing from PrefBar. And when I tried to check it, a window read
    there was no Flash installed! So cut/pasted the plugin file from D
    back to C and all is OK.

    So the question remains, can plugins be installed in the profile as
    opposed to the program folder, and if so, how -- simply somehow
    reinstalling into that folder?

+ Reply to Thread