en-us.start.mozilla.com error message - Mozilla

This is a discussion on en-us.start.mozilla.com error message - Mozilla ; All of a sudden today I can't start Firefox in Windows XP Pro. I get the message shown in the header and the program hangs. Can someone help me please? Vaughn...

  1. en-us.start.mozilla.com error message

    All of a sudden today I can't start Firefox in Windows XP Pro. I get the
    message shown in the header and the program hangs.

    Can someone help me please?

    Vaughn

  2. Re: en-us.start.mozilla.com error message

    Vaughn Winchell wrote:
    > All of a sudden today I can't start Firefox in Windows XP Pro. I get the
    > message shown in the header and the program hangs.
    >
    > Can someone help me please?
    >
    > Vaughn

    can you open Firefox in safe mode ? To start Firefox in safe mode :
    Start > programs > Firefox[safe mode]
    also see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs

  3. Re: en-us.start.mozilla.com error message

    I cannot start even in the safe mode. I get the same error message about
    waiting to start en.us.mozilla.com.

    I did go to the section about Firefox hanging, and I did hsitory.dat, but
    that didn't help.
    "Vaughn Winchell" wrote in message
    news:UNydnVfuc_Lt1YTYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > All of a sudden today I can't start Firefox in Windows XP Pro. I get the
    > message shown in the header and the program hangs.
    >
    > Can someone help me please?
    >
    > Vaughn

  4. Re: en-us.start.mozilla.com error message

    Vaughn Winchell wrote:
    > I cannot start even in the safe mode. I get the same error message about
    > waiting to start en.us.mozilla.com.
    >
    > I did go to the section about Firefox hanging, and I did hsitory.dat, but
    > that didn't help.
    > "Vaughn Winchell" wrote in message
    > news:UNydnVfuc_Lt1YTYnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> All of a sudden today I can't start Firefox in Windows XP Pro. I get the
    >> message shown in the header and the program hangs.
    >>
    >> Can someone help me please?
    >>
    >> Vaughn

    Please be so kind as to bottom post in these groups, that is, post your
    reply below the quoted material, as I am doing here. This is the group
    preference. See the posting Etiquette, as linked in my sig, for more
    information. Thank you for your consideration.

    Create a test profile, using Profile Manager:

    To open Firefox's Profile Manager, click Start>>>Run, type firefox.exe
    -p in the field, and click OK. Note the space after exe, it is important.

    Will Firefox open in the test profile?

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: en-us.start.mozilla.com error message

    Check your dns settings if you are unable to reach the server.

    If you see a "Close Firefox" dialog when starting Firefox, with the message Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system., Firefox may have stopped responding the last time you closed it. Note that Firefox 3 has a delayed shutdown and will show you this dialog if you try to restart it too soon after exiting.

+ Reply to Thread