why doesn't embedded media stream... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on why doesn't embedded media stream... - Mozilla ; can anyone tell me (without attacking the video itself) if i'm doing something wrong... or if this is just stupidly coded... http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...VDTrailer.html...

  1. why doesn't embedded media stream...

    can anyone tell me (without attacking the video itself) if i'm doing
    something wrong... or if this is just stupidly coded...

    http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...VDTrailer.html

  2. Re: why doesn't embedded media stream...

    sean.bean@wizard.net wrote, On 9/26/2006 6:27 AM:

    > can anyone tell me (without attacking the video itself) if i'm doing
    > something wrong... or if this is just stupidly coded...
    >
    > http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...VDTrailer.html

    Video doesn't appear for me either running WinXP SP2 and FF 1.5.0.7 -
    but it works fine in IE and Netscape 7.02. Also, it doesn't appear in
    Opera 9.01.

    The page has some validation problems (see
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...VDTrailer.html)
    but I don't think any of them would cause this problem...

  3. Re: why doesn't embedded media stream...

    sean.bean@wizard.net wrote:

    > can anyone tell me (without attacking the video itself) if i'm doing
    > something wrong... or if this is just stupidly coded...
    >
    > http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...VDTrailer.html

    I'm using the extension Media Player Connectivity - it will
    play this site in Windows Media Player, which is the default
    for this file type.

    Given the difficulties FF has in playing various media, I
    have found this extension a wonderful addition. When you go
    to play media, you'll see a grey icon on a black screen,
    click on it and the extension will launch the right player
    and play the media.......almost all the time :-)

    Louise

+ Reply to Thread