Quicktime Icon in Flsh Window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Quicktime Icon in Flsh Window - Mozilla ; Have new system..Windows xp..I was prmpted to downlload Flashplayer 9 and since then all I get is a Quicktime Icon in place of the flsh/shockwave insert on a page..THios does not happen on IE.. Anyone have solution?...

  1. Quicktime Icon in Flsh Window

    Have new system..Windows xp..I was prmpted to downlload Flashplayer 9 and
    since then all I get is a Quicktime Icon in place of the flsh/shockwave
    insert on a page..THios does not happen on IE..

    Anyone have solution?

  2. Re: Quicktime Icon in Flsh Window

    philpresley@earthlink.net wrote:
    > Have new system..Windows xp..I was prmpted to downlload Flashplayer 9 and
    > since then all I get is a Quicktime Icon in place of the flsh/shockwave
    > insert on a page..THios does not happen on IE..
    >
    > Anyone have solution?

    Open Quick Time preferences, and check the File Associations. If QT is
    set to handle swf files, uncheck it.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Quicktime Icon in Flsh Window

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > philpresley@earthlink.net wrote:
    >> Have new system..Windows xp..I was prmpted to downlload Flashplayer 9
    >> and since then all I get is a Quicktime Icon in place of the
    >> flsh/shockwave insert on a page..THios does not happen on IE..
    >>
    >> Anyone have solution?
    >>

    > Open Quick Time preferences, and check the File Associations. If QT is
    > set to handle swf files, uncheck it.
    >
    > Lee

    ...also you may see this link :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Quic...kes_over_Flash