Keyboard navigation problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Keyboard navigation problem - Mozilla ; I cannot imagine what I have done in my travels, but all of a sudden, keyboard shortcuts, such as Control|T for a new tab, don't seem to work. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA! -- Regards, P D Sterling Dallas TX...

  1. Keyboard navigation problem

    --

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  2. Re: Keyboard navigation problem

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > I cannot imagine what I have done in my travels, but all of a sudden,
    > keyboard shortcuts, such as Control|T for a new tab, don't seem to work.
    > Anyone have a suggestion? TIA!

    did you try the usual, start FF in Safe Mode. Try a new profile.

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."

  3. Re: Keyboard navigation problem

    gwtc wrote:
    > P D Sterling wrote:
    >> I cannot imagine what I have done in my travels, but all of a sudden,
    >> keyboard shortcuts, such as Control|T for a new tab, don't seem to
    >> work. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA!

    > did you try the usual, start FF in Safe Mode. Try a new profile.

    I'm not sure I know how to start FF in Safe Mode - could you give me a
    little leading? Thanks for posting!

    --

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  4. Re: Keyboard navigation problem

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> P D Sterling wrote:
    >>> I cannot imagine what I have done in my travels, but all of a sudden,
    >>> keyboard shortcuts, such as Control|T for a new tab, don't seem to
    >>> work. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA!

    >> did you try the usual, start FF in Safe Mode. Try a new profile.
    >>

    > I'm not sure I know how to start FF in Safe Mode - could you give me a
    > little leading? Thanks for posting!

    Close FF, then click on Start, Run and enter exactly:

    firefox.exe -p

    --
[...]

  5. Re: Keyboard navigation problem

    P D Sterling wrote in news:-5OdnRHWtK_
    3N4nYnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >> P D Sterling wrote:
    >>> I cannot imagine what I have done in my travels, but all of a

    sudden,
    >>> keyboard shortcuts, such as Control|T for a new tab, don't seem to
    >>> work. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA!

    >> did you try the usual, start FF in Safe Mode. Try a new profile.
    >>

    > I'm not sure I know how to start FF in Safe Mode - could you give me a
    > little leading? Thanks for posting!

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode works for me.

    That is what I have for Firefox Safe Mode under properties. Your path
    may vary, but that is the default install location.

+ Reply to Thread