Mozilla Firefox reset to earlier restore date - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mozilla Firefox reset to earlier restore date - Mozilla ; I found that my Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks have been reset to an earlier restore piont, which my son said he must have done while attempting to access the internet. He told me that he was given an option of a ...

  1. Mozilla Firefox reset to earlier restore date

    I found that my Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks have been reset to an earlier
    restore piont, which my son said he must have done while attempting to
    access the internet. He told me that he was given an option of a "higher
    case" or "lower case" option. He choose "higher", but it did not work, so
    he choose "lower" and here I am. I do not know where to get back to where I
    was four days ago. I lost most of my recent bookmarks. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Mozilla Firefox reset to earlier restore date

    Bill Vinet wrote:
    > I found that my Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks have been reset to an earlier
    > restore piont, which my son said he must have done while attempting to
    > access the internet. He told me that he was given an option of a "higher
    > case" or "lower case" option. He choose "higher", but it did not work, so
    > he choose "lower" and here I am. I do not know where to get back to where I
    > was four days ago. I lost most of my recent bookmarks. Any suggestions?

    First of all, I doubt sincerely that anything your son did had any
    effect on this. Just to be sure, I suggest that you set up separate
    profiles for you and he. That way, he will have his bookmarks and
    settings, and you will have yours.

    Anyhow, close Firefox, and navigate to your profile folder, location
    changes based on OS.

    WinXP, 2K:

    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    Inside that folder will be another called something like 1a2b3c4d.default.

    The first part is a random string, the last is your profile name.

    In there, you will find s folder called bookmarkbackups. Open it. You
    will find backups of your bookmarks for the last week. Open them in the
    browser, and find one that has your old bookmarks. Rename it to
    bookmarks.html, and copy it.

    bookmarks.html, overwriting the corrupted copy.

    Open Firefox, and your bookmarks should be restored.

    Lee
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread