Firefox loads individual images on every page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox loads individual images on every page - Mozilla ; Hi all, Not familiar with newsgroups so hope this works! I have a problem with Firefox, where, out of nowhere, everytime I load a page it loads the indvidual images again. For example, on a forum, even the small icon ...

  1. Firefox loads individual images on every page

    Hi all,

    Not familiar with newsgroups so hope this works!

    I have a problem with Firefox, where, out of nowhere, everytime I load a
    page it loads the indvidual images again. For example, on a forum, even the
    small icon images must be loaded everytime I view a page, and even though it
    may be the same image repeated on the page, it loads each one individually
    from top to bottom.

    This happened on my old PC too after using FF flawlessly for almost 2 years,
    but I never found a solution.

    Does anyone have a solution?

    Thanks,

    Daryl Reilly

  2. Re: Firefox loads individual images on every page

    On 09/22/2006 03:00 PM, Daryl Reilly wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Not familiar with newsgroups so hope this works!
    >
    > I have a problem with Firefox, where, out of nowhere, everytime I load a
    > page it loads the indvidual images again. For example, on a forum, even the
    > small icon images must be loaded everytime I view a page, and even though it
    > may be the same image repeated on the page, it loads each one individually
    > from top to bottom.
    >
    > This happened on my old PC too after using FF flawlessly for almost 2 years,
    > but I never found a solution.
    >
    > Does anyone have a solution?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Daryl Reilly

    Go into Firefox's profile manager, create a new profile and test is the
    problem occurs in that profile.

    Check if you have one of the problematic extensions,
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

    Clear your cache and disable javascript and check if that fixes it.

    You didn't post a link to the forum in question.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  3. Re: Firefox loads individual images on every page

    Ah, I sorted the problem.. it was with the extension "Web Developer" -
    somehow, it disabled Cache so that was the problem!

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mumia!

    Regards,

    Daryl

    "Mumia W. (using mozilla)" wrote in
    message news:yrmdnS_ers1w7onYnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 09/22/2006 03:00 PM, Daryl Reilly wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Not familiar with newsgroups so hope this works!
    >>
    >> I have a problem with Firefox, where, out of nowhere, everytime I load a
    >> page it loads the indvidual images again. For example, on a forum, even
    >> the small icon images must be loaded everytime I view a page, and even
    >> though it may be the same image repeated on the page, it loads each one
    >> individually from top to bottom.
    >>
    >> This happened on my old PC too after using FF flawlessly for almost 2
    >> years, but I never found a solution.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a solution?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Daryl Reilly

    > Go into Firefox's profile manager, create a new profile and test is the
    > problem occurs in that profile.
    >
    > Check if you have one of the problematic extensions,
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions
    >
    > Clear your cache and disable javascript and check if that fixes it.
    >
    > You didn't post a link to the forum in question.
    >
    > --
    > paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  4. Re: Firefox loads individual images on every page

    On 09/22/2006 07:14 PM, Daryl Reilly wrote:
    > Ah, I sorted the problem.. it was with the extension "Web Developer" -
    > somehow, it disabled Cache so that was the problem!
    >
    > Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mumia!

    You're quite welcome.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

+ Reply to Thread