Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why - Mozilla ; Posted earlier that I suspect the wheel mouse. But Firefox consistently crashes on news.yahoo.com, but when I run in safe mode, it's fine Any procedure to do a clean install of Firefox?...

  1. Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why

    Posted earlier that I suspect the wheel mouse. But Firefox consistently
    crashes on news.yahoo.com, but when I run in safe mode, it's fine

    Any procedure to do a clean install of Firefox?

  2. Re: Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why

    dmsmith72@gmail.com wrote:
    > Posted earlier that I suspect the wheel mouse. But Firefox consistently
    > crashes on news.yahoo.com, but when I run in safe mode, it's fine
    >
    > Any procedure to do a clean install of Firefox?

    Sure, just create a clean profile:

    To open Firefox's Profile Manager, click Start>>>Run, type firefox.exe
    -p in the field, and click OK. Note the space after exe, it is important.

    Create a new profile, and use that. It is unlikely that you will need
    to reinstall Firefox.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why

    dmsmith72@gmail.com wrote:
    > Posted earlier that I suspect the wheel mouse. But Firefox consistently
    > crashes on news.yahoo.com, but when I run in safe mode, it's fine
    >
    > Any procedure to do a clean install of Firefox?

    Start Firefox in safe mode.
    Disable all extensions and switch back to Default Theme
    Close Firefox
    Try to start Firefox in normal mode

    1st. Switch back to previous Theme and check. if Firefox crash
    again , it's Theme issue. Uninstall it
    2nd. Enable Extensions one by one and every time restart and check.
    when you will find the incompatible extension , uninstall it .

  4. Re: Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Sure, just create a clean profile:
    >
    > To open Firefox's Profile Manager, click Start>>>Run, type firefox.exe
    > -p in the field, and click OK. Note the space after exe, it is important.
    >
    > Create a new profile, and use that. It is unlikely that you will need
    > to reinstall Firefox.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > --
    > Leonidas Jones, Mozilla/Netscape Champion
    > Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    > The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

    Hey, I just wanted to say THANKS for posting this. I had the same
    problem and your solution was the only thing that worked!!

  5. Re: Constant Crashing: Can't Figure out why

    Pokerskatershark wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:

    /snip/

    > Hey, I just wanted to say THANKS for posting this. I had the same
    > problem and your solution was the only thing that worked!!

    I'm glad it helped you!

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org