passwords - Mozilla

This is a discussion on passwords - Mozilla ; Firefox 1.5.0.7 doesn't ask me to save passwords. Can someone help? Thanks in advance....

  1. passwords

    Firefox 1.5.0.7 doesn't ask me to save passwords. Can someone help?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: passwords

    joe wrote:
    > Firefox 1.5.0.7 doesn't ask me to save passwords. Can someone help?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Does it occur for every site or any specific one?
    also try this method:
    goto Tools>Options>Privacy>Password.
    Check 'remember passwords' option
    Now click on 'View Saved Passwords' button , goto 'Password
    *Never* Saved' tab.
    If there are any entry , delete them.
    Restart and check.

    if above methods fails to work then ,
    create a test profile . to create a test profile : Start > Run.
    type "firefox.exe" -profilemanager
    copy key3.db and signons.txt files from previous profile folder
    (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder#Firefox) and paste them
    to new profile folder.
    Start and check

  3. Re: passwords

    joe wrote:
    > Firefox 1.5.0.7 doesn't ask me to save passwords. Can someone help?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Follow the suggestions of what Nir said. If it still doesn't work,
    then the reason is a lot of sites are disabling the remember password
    function.

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."

  4. Re: passwords

    gwtc wrote:
    > joe wrote:
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.7 doesn't ask me to save passwords. Can someone help?
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Follow the suggestions of what Nir said. If it still doesn't work,
    > then the reason is a lot of sites are disabling the remember password
    > function.

    oh yea, I forgot. If that still doesn't work, then try the remember
    password bookmarklet. Grab the icon and drag it to the bookmark
    toolbar. Visit the login site, click the bookmarklet, click OK to the
    popup, enter your user name and password and enter the login. You
    should get a popup asking if you want to remember the password. If
    you don't then you SOL:
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password

    --
[...]

+ Reply to Thread