(Modem) network connection - window blocks FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on (Modem) network connection - window blocks FF - Mozilla ; Since I've been using the WLAN I've had one problem - when I open a link (no matter - new tab or window) I get the Network Connection box to choose a modem-connection I want to use. Though I use ...

  1. (Modem) network connection - window blocks FF

    Since I've been using the WLAN I've had one problem - when I open a
    link (no matter - new tab or window) I get the Network Connection box
    to choose a modem-connection I want to use. Though I use WLAN I don't
    want to use any of my modem connections (configured for other purposes)
    at all.
    What's interesting - a page is downloaded to the half, then comes up
    this box and until I click on Cancel - nothing happens.

    I tried different things - I reistalled the Firefox, threw out all
    extensions, tried out different FF settings, I played with the firewall
    and nothing - the same story all the time. When I use the IE6 I have no
    such troubles, which shows IT IS the Firefox problem.

    Can anybody help me? I saw this problem described on a few forums, but
    there was nowhere an aswer...

    Cheers,
    kerker

  2. Re: (Modem) network connection - window blocks FF

    kerker wrote:
    > Since I've been using the WLAN I've had one problem - when I open a
    > link (no matter - new tab or window) I get the Network Connection box
    > to choose a modem-connection I want to use. Though I use WLAN I don't
    > want to use any of my modem connections (configured for other purposes)
    > at all.
    > What's interesting - a page is downloaded to the half, then comes up
    > this box and until I click on Cancel - nothing happens.
    >
    > I tried different things - I reistalled the Firefox, threw out all
    > extensions, tried out different FF settings, I played with the firewall
    > and nothing - the same story all the time. When I use the IE6 I have no
    > such troubles, which shows IT IS the Firefox problem.
    >
    > Can anybody help me? I saw this problem described on a few forums, but
    > there was nowhere an aswer...
    >
    > Cheers,
    > kerker

    Problem is that you are attempting to fix a system problem with Firefox
    settings. Try this:

    Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Connections

    Select Never dial a connection.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: (Modem) network connection - window blocks FF

    On 09/21/2006 04:57 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > kerker wrote:
    >> Since I've been using the WLAN I've had one problem - when I open a
    >> link (no matter - new tab or window) I get the Network Connection box
    >> to choose a modem-connection I want to use. Though I use WLAN I don't
    >> want to use any of my modem connections (configured for other purposes)
    >> at all.
    >> What's interesting - a page is downloaded to the half, then comes up
    >> this box and until I click on Cancel - nothing happens.
    >>
    >> I tried different things - I reistalled the Firefox, threw out all
    >> extensions, tried out different FF settings, I played with the firewall
    >> and nothing - the same story all the time. When I use the IE6 I have no
    >> such troubles, which shows IT IS the Firefox problem.
    >>
    >> Can anybody help me? I saw this problem described on a few forums, but
    >> there was nowhere an aswer...
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> kerker
    >>

    > Problem is that you are attempting to fix a system problem with Firefox
    > settings. Try this:
    >
    > Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Connections
    >
    > Select Never dial a connection.
    >
    > Lee

    There is also a setting in Mozilla (Firefox ?) that controls whether the
    connection dialog is displayed when the user opens Mozilla. I forgot the
    preference however.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  4. Re: (Modem) network connection - window blocks FF

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Problem is that you are attempting to fix a system problem with Firefox
    > settings. Try this:
    >
    > Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Connections
    >
    > Select Never dial a connection.

    Thanks for the aswer, but as I said - it is not a system problem, IE6
    works with no problems and BTW - in the mentioned settings I have
    nothing - only LAN connections are there configured...

    Cheers,
    kerker

+ Reply to Thread